SaltCritters.com

Beating Bryopsis-Started TechM-Done!

Pjanssen

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could try, but I would probably switch to something like peroxide (now that it's weakened). You could always do another round of Tech M later on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Im checking in real quick to see about the test rocks, how did they do post rasp this long after

I know your whole system was being treated but among those other areas am curious about the early scraped with those nice rasps you bought lol

we have a few people considering the rasp mode and yours are some good long term follow ups. we would expect them to have less growback than non rasped areas even if they did require a few retreats to handle resettlement etc. to know how test rasps have done a few mos out is gold info for many. its not practical to run in all invasion settings, but just for the test we'd like to know

there are a few pico reefers watching where a test rasp is their whole scape, those will benefit from seeing someones rasping a few mos out for sure. I know you rasped yours correctly, are there any pre and post pics of those spots

Hey Im checking in real quick to see about the test rocks, how did they do post rasp this long after

I know your whole system was being treated but among those other areas am curious about the early scraped with those nice rasps you bought lol

we have a few people considering the rasp mode and yours are some good long term follow ups. we would expect them to have less growback than non rasped areas even if they did require a few retreats to handle resettlement etc. to know how test rasps have done a few mos out is gold info for many. its not practical to run in all invasion settings, but just for the test we'd like to know

there are a few pico reefers watching where a test rasp is their whole scape, those will benefit from seeing someones rasping a few mos out for sure. I know you rasped yours correctly, are there any pre and post pics of those spots

Hey Brandon. All of the areas that I rasped have remained bryopsis free. I can get a good pic of one of the areas for you, but the other two are covered in corals! The treatment took longer than I anticipated. I think I was too cautious in bringing the mag levels up-probably could have done it quicker.

It should also be noted that I ended up doing a complete tear down of my tank after all. My tank was just too nutrient rich and I had hair algae, bubble algae, lettuce algae among others. I replaced the sand bed, scrubbed and rasped everything and treated with peroxide. On a positive note to this thread, there was no bryopsis remaining in the tank!! All in all, I think it was a successful experiment, but in the future I plan to pay closer attention, feed less and take care of issues before they get out of control. I'll try to get that picture posted soon.

Thanks tons! That's great = linked again for more reading to new scrapers lol excellent.

Those little mini rasps I bought have really come in handy. I can get int hole and in between corals to have more effective cleaning. My emerald crab probably isn't too happy with me though. Might have to pick up some nori or something for her.

Archived