Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kijho's IM Fusion 20

Kijho

I think I'm going to have to place the light just a slight bit more to the front, aiming just a slight bit backwards towards! I am wanting to just fill this with Acans, Ric's, easy corals and such, but I've sloped the rocks just a little so it kinda goes "back" a bit! Hopefully it's okay, I really like this double grotto/ cove style, I love the rocks coming out at the edges / ends!

• Like 1

It's wet!

Got some troubles, though. I had the Ehiem 100w heater in the back middle (where the pump is), but when the pump is on - the water level drops significantly. None of the champers fit the heater to where the minimum water fill line it :( What do I do?!

Also - The stock pump is loud. Like, extremely loud. I thought it might be comparable to the Spec V, but nope.. I'll pickup the Sicce 1.5 off Amazon soon for $75 much cheaper and hopefully it's as silent as it claims to be. (Or, any thoughts on the Cobal 1200? Is it fairly quiet? It's only $45).

I have the water about an inch and a half from the top of the glass - seems good. Pics to come :)

• Like 1

The Jebao is a good suggestion, has some great reviews.. but none available in Canada anywhere. With the current economy, importing anything in will end up costing me double the cost :(

Sicce 1.5, or Cobalt MJ900, or perhaps MJ1200 .. Both are 250+gph, and the Sicce is like 480+ or something. Not sure, but all of those are at the LFS here and Amazon for me.

Still not sure what to do about my 100w Eheim heater, it's too big for the back middle the water doesn't meet the level :(

Yes when I saw the Ehiem I was wondering what you were going to do. The Neotherm is the way to go with these tanks. I run a 75 watt in mine and also did the same for the one I set up today.

Like I said I would just bite the bullet and get a Sicce.

• Like 1

Yes when I saw the Ehiem I was wondering what you were going to do. The Neotherm is the way to go with these tanks. I run a 75 watt in mine and also did the same for the one I set up today.

Like I said I would just bite the bullet and get a Sicce.

Sicce + Eheim? Might have to turn the pump off and let the water sit alone in the tank until payday this week haha, that'll be a $200 bill haha..

Do the Cobalts have a minimum water level? Does the heater go in the middle pump spot, the small chamber, or the (empty currently) second chamber?

75 watt neotherm will fit the second chamber and be under the water about an inch.

Just put the ehiem into the tank on the back wall running horizontal that way you can at least get a cycle going. It might look ugly but will work.

I had to use a 300 watt that way today on the Fusion we set up. I was told water would be heated well 65 degrees is not heated to me.....the crabs were probably pissed....

• Like 1

I had to use a 300 watt that way today on the Fusion we set up. I was told water would be heated well 65 degrees is not heated to me.....the crabs were probably pissed....

Oh my god :lol:

Here we go guys, time to get wet! Thanks for all the feedback thus far, I don't think I'd have done this all without all of you :) This has been a fairly steep learning curve jumping from my small little Spec V .. haha.

So I was using this small 144gph pump I had that I bought for my Spec V (it was advertised as a 606 on ebay, and what I received was NOT a 606 LOL. Didn't wanna go thru the return hassle so I just kept it in storage.) Well, it doesn't have enough power to push the water thru the hose from the bucket on the floor to the tank!! I had to add a stepping stool to elevate the bucket... But it worked. My future plans will resolve this issue.

24741638975_4d81fd3ed4_c.jpg

I already LOVE this sand. It looked like popcorn from the water pushing it up the sides, it instantly sank back down. It's going to be sooo much better in all aspects!

24715426226_262ba851b9_c.jpg

Held my breath for these parts as it got filled up, haha..

24114777363_c0eb8a173d_c.jpg

I also coated the entire top / back/ wires/ etc. in this "salt creep preventative" stuff. I'm an avid car detailer, so in hopes this works similar to wax/ sealants on cars paints and is hydrophobic towards salt creep drying on the edges, I'll be happy. Also did a generous coating on the mesh cover. I mean, this might just be a gimmick but - worth the try..

24715426746_63d5a9b1e9_c.jpg

I also picked up that "Start Up" stuff. The guy in the LFS knew what Dr Tims was, but unfortunately it looks like nowhere in Canada sell it. I'd have to import from the USA.. so he recommended this. He said he's used it in pretty much every tank of his, and showed me some pics of his 500 gallon tank he had jellyfish in...

When the lights went out this evening on the Spec V, I couldn't resist taking the light temporarily over and placing it above the Fusion 20. I just had to see how it looks, haha.. I love it. Cliche' cloudy water pic! B)

24113464354_c625bf1fe4_c.jpg

Plans moving forward:

1. Buy Sicce 1.5

2. Buy Neo-Therm 70watt I'll keep my OE Pump + Eheim 100watt for water changes + water mixing + heating etc.

3. Build egg-crate filter setup, allow tank to cycle with filter floss only

4. Add media's once tank has cycled

5. Begin transferring fish (maybe a pistol shrimp again? I've had 2, loved them.. but hated the sand in the Spec V).

6. Final transition of corals

7. Retire Spec V.

• Like 7

Looks awesome! Glad there is water in there.

Hope you do end up with the Sicce, make sure you stick the feet on and it should be deadly silent. Currently use a Fluval 75w heater in my 20. Not too happy with it at the moment, looking at upgrading, but also looking at a temperature controller.

Now for the cycle!

• Like 1

Looking great, love the scaping. ;)

Looks great! You might want to check out the Finnex heaters too, they are very small.

Thanks guys! :)

Ohhhh guys, if my Par38 doesn't cut it .. lookie what I found in Canada :D

http://www.amazon.ca/Current-Orbit-Marine-Aquarium-18inch-24inch/dp/B00Q2PF6MO/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1454337914&sr=1-1&keywords=Current+Orbit

Well, managed to pull a few strings with the LFS and get the Sicce 1.5 for $63 CDN, not bad at all! B)

24762617025_eedd82d7df_c.jpgUntitled by kijho6, on Flickr

It was initially almost as loud as the IM pump, however an hour later now it's become slightly quieter. So now I'm going to begin making some filter media racks and put some filter floss in there, add some Prodibio Start Up (quick cycle, it says I can add the "strongest" fish in ~12 hours but I'll way much longer...)

• Like 6

Awesome, great to see!

My Sicce's were deadly quiet straight away, however, there is a bit of a dripping sounds coming from the standard media baskets. Looking at upgrading them asap.

Did you leave the current Y in the tubing?

• Like 1