Cultivated Reef

Help! Help!

Jorgieee

HarryPotter

Yesterday I put the clam on the plate and this morning he was off it. What kind of technique do you use to keep them on it lol?

Can you post a picture? If the clam is happy with the lighting and flow it should stay.

How is you clam? Attached to a piece of ceramic yet?

I just bought another- couldn't resist! It was an accident! A local guy has this amazing growout, and I bought it for $15! Awesomeness!

Here it is on a 5x5 ceramic tile (I might get a smaller one)

IMG_0652_zpsih9effkv.jpg

you got a five inch clam for $15? :eek: put me on that list. i want two! lol. no, really - i want two.

HarryPotter

you got a five inch clam for $15? :eek: put me on that list. i want two! lol. no, really - i want two.

AND HE HAS MOREEEE! SOUTH FLORIDA IS AMAZING!

Thinking about going over and getting a nice baby deresa this week

Can you post a picture? If the clam is happy with the lighting and flow it should stay.

This was the day I placed him on the disk

post-84839-0-89395400-1433195976_thumb.jpg

HarryPotter

Jorgieee, on 01 Jun 2015 - 6:00 PM, said:

Attachment photo.JPG

Is there enough light? That would be my concern after seeing its below the light level of your Zoanthids

do you know if he will ship. i would drive down, but its about 15 hours...

I'll ask him next time I go to pick up a clam :)

If its $15 for a large 5" specimen, I wonder HOW MANY .5-1" BABIES CAN I GET FOR $50!

Haha I'm officially an addict!

Is there enough light? That would be my concern after seeing its below the light level of your Zoanthids

I am pretty sure that its enough light everything is doing well, so I wouldn't see why It wouldn't. My chalices and acans are also on the sand bed. I have had him for at least 5 months already, and he is still looking healthy.

Jorgieee, on 01 Jun 2015 - 6:00 PM, said:

Attachment photo.JPG

I'll ask him next time I go to pick up a clam :)

If its $15 for a large 5" specimen, I wonder HOW MANY .5-1" BABIES CAN I GET FOR $50!

Haha I'm officially an addict!

Sign me up for some clams if he ships.

HarryPotter

Sign me up for some clams if he ships.

Yes ma'am MetroKat!

If he declines, I could always ship them to you. Just send the packing materials/money for them and the shipping label.....

Well Ill see next time!

Omg my teeth are chattering thinking about five baby clams. That would be insanity!

I am pretty sure that its enough light everything is doing well, so I wouldn't see why It wouldn't. My chalices and acans are also on the sand bed. I have had him for at least 5 months already, and he is still looking healthy.

I would just try again a few times. I thought you said he chronically has pinched mantle disease?

Yes ma'am MetroKat!

If he declines, I could always ship them to you. Just send the packing materials/money for them and the shipping label.....

Well Ill see next time!

Omg my teeth are chattering thinking about five baby clams. That would be insanity!

I would just try again a few times. I thought you said he chronically has pinched mantle disease?

I honestly do not know if it was PMD or not because he hasn't showed anymore systems. Maybe he was just irritated by the snails I'm thinking, but yet again I'm not sure.

Archived