Cultivated Reef

B's Nekid picO (ticking time bomb)

jbb

Sweet! Black sand doesn't normally appeal to me but it looks damn good here. Also, how did you configure your PicO as a sump? I have a 5 gallon PicO I might consider using as one.

Thanks for the compliment

The sump is very basic :

11872861275_7a6c3003ba.jpg

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

If I ever find a odontodactylus havanensis, we can get this thread moving again. I have an email sent to KP aquatics , so hopefully they can hook me up.

pico magnetic overflow box - i must know more of this

The way the hole is cut to fit around the bulkhead allows for removal of the box for cleaning , and also allows for small height adjustment to get the correct water height. So far it is working out really well.

Box can be removed without shutting down the tank, bulkhead stays in place

10716496045_d5ef5be750.jpg
10716578754_4d60411d09.jpg
10716584804_75c968022c.jpg
10716606356_0314025596.jpg

That box is really freakin sick. I am more interested in the logistics of converting your pic0 into a sump. When you turn off the return how close does the water level get to the edge of it?

Whoa. Whoa. Magnetic overflow box? Was that a custom thing?

I love the sump and stand, too. That nanobox makes it all just come together. Dang.

Its a little something new that Chris is working on. Ive been giving it a test run , and I am in the process of writing a review for it, but I've been so damn busy at work I can seem to finish it.

It works really well , and its REALLY nice to have the water height adjustment.

That box is really freakin sick. I am more interested in the logistics of converting your pic0 into a sump. When you turn off the return how close does the water level get to the edge of it?

When the tank loses power I have about 2" of space left between the water lin and top of tank. As long as you dont over fill the sump it should never be an issue.

I can take the box off and get pics for anyone interested.

What is the benefit to the magnetic box? Just adjusting water height? How does the plumbing work, then - presumably it still has to be screwed down in place with the plumbing?

What is the benefit to the magnetic box? Just adjusting water height? How does the plumbing work, then - presumably it still has to be screwed down in place with the plumbing?

The bulkhead is attached to the glass just like any standard "naked" bulkhead. The box has an Oval shaped hole cut in the back that is big enough to fit around the bulkhead. The magnets are what hold the box to the tank, the oversized hole then allows for height adjustment by sliding the box up or down.

The bulkhead is attached to the glass just like any standard "naked" bulkhead. The box has an Oval shaped hole cut in the back that is big enough to fit around the bulkhead. The magnets are what hold the box to the tank, the oversized hole then allows for height adjustment by sliding the box up or down.

Ahhhh, ok, that makes sense. Cool! Think they'll make them with teeth in the future?

yes pics are a must

Ahhhh, ok, that makes sense. Cool! Think they'll make them with teeth in the future?

Got a video coming B)

Nice!! Does the water just flow over the top of the box (hard to see on my computer) or are there slits?

Just over the top on this one. I prefer a toothless overflow

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :unsure:

hold please

i think im gonna have him make me one. what are the dimensions of that one

4 x 1.5 x 3

Archived