ReefCleaners.org

MOAR PICS! "Intrest revives ones thoughts" My 17 gallon natural reef bommie

1.0reef

IMG_2951_zps98b3ce96.jpg

This my reef system, the goal of this tank is too have a stable enviornment, with a high level of biodiversity and natural, simple equipment.

Equipment

• JBJ 12 gallon Nanocube stock pump, which is around 165gph.
  • LED lighting, undecided
  • Koralia 240gph nano pump, to provide extra flow for the sps.
  • Lifereef overflow box

Livestock

• 1 Ocean reefs and aquariums Hybrid Cleaner Goby (E. oceanops x figaro)
  • 1 Ocean Reefs and Aquariums Red Head Goby (E. puncticulatus)
  • 1 Ocean Reefs and Aquariums Tiger Goby (E. macrodon)
  • 1 Green Clown Goby (G. atrangulatus)
  • 1 Hi Fin red banded goby (S. nematodes)
  • P. aldabraensis x springeri
  • 1 ORA Smith’s Blenny (M. smithi)
  • Many Large-Polyp-Stony-Corals ,and Soft Corals, with a few Montipora or other Small-Polyp-Stony-Corals
  • Randall's Pistol Shrimp, Pom Pom Crab, Sexy Shrimp x3, Pedersen's Anemone Shrimp, Dwarf Cerith Snails x10+, Nassarius Vibex x6+, Zig Zag Periwinkles x6+, Florida Cerith Snails x4+,

IMG_2945_zps1a697b33.jpg

IMG_2946_zpsea1d6ec0.jpg

IMG_2948_zps101148e7.jpg

IMG_2950_zps613a600e.jpg

IMG_2953_zpsaec0c09d.jpg

This is it for now, many things will be bought, sold, and made in the next few months!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG it exists! You have a tank! I think you have finally gathered enough knowledge to make something nice :D

no offense, but...how are you going to keep all the coral you want on just those piles of rocks? IMO you should do some floating islands on the back pane for SPS, you know, like those magnet rocks. Maybe reinforce the rocks you have on the bottom with putty to make some caves and ledges to put coral.

SPS will be on the overflow.

#winning hehehe

I'll change the scape a bit, only the right big island, I was really going to make the sps seem like shelter for the damsels.

I'll post the pics of the Razor in a bit :P

but then you could have like 2 or 3 smallish SPS colonies, how big is the overflow? Don't forget the overflow will need to be cleaned every now and then. I wouldn't glue SPS there.

Cool! I like your planted tank. :)

Post a topic for your greenhouse! Or post pics in here! :D

i would try and get some pinoy angels for your freshwater, your tank looks perfect for a pair or for a few juveniles.

I will Euphy :)

I'm stuck between Angel or pair of Rams, the other fish will be 10 rummynose tetras, 10 cardinal tetras, 5 cories, 5 roseline sharks, and 1 big SAE. Heavy stocking, yes, but I have a 30g sump, plus a shit ton of plants.

Also I'm changing the scape a bit tonight, any advise? Only the big island will be changed.

• 1 month later...

Actually, yes, due to a combination of being in severe pain 24/7 and having a busy schedule.

I'm making changes now :( On the good side of news the project is only temporarily stopped, so that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
INTRESTING CORALS

IMG_3320_zps1f14a39b.jpg

IMG_3321_zpsb70eedde.jpg

IMG_3324_zpsfb4678ac.jpg

IMG_3331_zps64363af4.jpg

IMG_3332_zpsc85aefb1.jpg

There's an update on the planted tank, sorry for the crap pics. I have some AMAZING pics of some rainbow lorikeets at the SD animal park that I'll post later.

nice tanks man I had a pair of rams really cool fish. tank still cycling

Rams are neat, I'm thinking about getting one.

Also the rotala was moved to the other side and all the plants are growing very fast.

Archived