Top Shelf Aquatics

7.5g Deep Blue Rimless

MikeTR

I don't have a huge amount that grows really. It's probably low alk? not sure really tho. I'm determined not to test params and solely run this tank based on weekly water changes alone.

That's cool... I have a pico that I just started and I'm hoping that the coralline doesn't take of like my display tank because it'll be impossible to scrape with how small it is.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's cool... I have a pico that I just started and I'm hoping that the coralline doesn't take of like my display tank because it'll be impossible to scrape with how small it is.

Bamboo skewer and a razorblade. I'll let you figure out how to glue/tape them together, I has no clue.

BeardedReeferLLC

Looking good Mike. Wife is in the process on getting her 7.5G together too just need to put the stand together.

• 1 month later...

Tank got a much needed water change.. I usually snap a pic after it's all cleaned up and looks like the last one I took is a long time ago, probably been since the first week in January since I did one.

DEFF7D71-BC3F-4F6C-AED5-BAA3CF6191E3_zps

• 1 month later...
frankdontsurf

Whats running in the ac70? How often is the media changed? What else are you using for flow besides the ac70? No fish, what inverts? What brand salt mix? What source water?

:)

Whats running in the ac70? How often is the media changed? What else are you using for flow besides the ac70? No fish, what inverts? What brand salt mix? What source water?

:)

It's an AC30, but i just run a bag of chemipure elite changed every couple months. Nothing else is used for flow. One snowflake clown, a few cerith snails, and a ugly hermit. RO/DI and reef crystals. Last water change was <gulp> 2 months ago.

I have the same cube tank and love it! I run mine with a AC/70 and the EcoPico light with 3 strips. Link to it is in my sig block, one of the nicest looking desktop cubes out there!

this clown never leaves this hammer coral except when i feed. It is cool to watch him dive right in like he just knows where all the gaps are between the polyps.

FDC7DE17-2ED1-45F5-B2D1-A53D6BFF8E77_zps

Awesome, looks natural and healthy. What is the coral on the sandbed, middle back? Orange disc with gray edge. Looks a little like a lobo.

I don't have that many flatworms in my 20 yet but I'm working hard at it.

Is that a poci top left?

middle back on sandbed is a lobo. I did have it above the nem but was getting stung. Anything I put there the nem goes out of its way to sting it. Upper left is a poci. I got every bit of it out of my big tank as I have had it spawn on me in other tanks. Flatworms came in on the macro. Plan to hit em again with some flatworm exit to knock down the numbers. I don't think I'll ever get rid of them.

Still using that Deep Blue Solar Flare? I have it and was wondering how your corals have been fairing? I only have 10in of water in my Spec V... No corals yet.

Still using that Deep Blue Solar Flare? I have it and was wondering how your corals have been fairing? I only have 10in of water in my Spec V... No corals yet.

Still using it. Def won't sustain SPS, except for the pocci and maybe some monti cap. Too soon to know if it will grow though or just keep it alive. I don't see the zoas reaching for light, but the flatworms dont help matters. I like the light because it's sleek, but it could be better.

I love these little 7.5g cubes

Was pretty short order after selling my biocube that I realized I still req'd a nano in my life. Picked this up on trade and glad I did.

Looking back through the thread... coralline looks better when I was doing weekly water changes. Coral color overall looks better too. Point noted.

Proof! Much needed TLC. Trimmed back some of the macros.

2ECD693E-8601-4060-894E-A9DDE67D7D85_zps

BB045506-0F6C-441B-A9E3-96AD26B940CB_zps

the upper left needs a big fat yellow leather..or somethin to hide that pipe.. not much light back there tho

deadthrone

Beautiful! I've got the same cube. Just set to up today it's so stunning! Love the way yours is set up. Everything looks so healthy!! Great job. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this round of fw exit seems to be a tad more potent. It seemed to eventually melt the flatworms and really piss off everything in the tank. No way could I have done a 4x dose as I did the last time. Put a double dose in last night after dipping the front 2 rocks which were covered with them in freshwater real quick. I could say probably a 1000 of them came off in the bucket. Enough to color the water yellow and smelled pretty bad. I probably waited about 1 1/2hrs after the dose and then added a fresh bag of chemipure elite. Clownfish was still alive this morning which is all I'm really concerned about although I'm hoping everything pulls through. I'm scheduled to do a water change on the big tank today after a stint with chemiclean so i'll add a couple gallons and do an exchange on this one as well.

Archived