Pod Your Reef

fifty50's Reef Octopus 32g

fifty50

Update: unfortunately i've been procrastinating on tank maintenance and it shows since my daughter was born 3mo ago... Been battling cyano on the sandbed for the last few weeks. otherwise the coral has been growing in nicely!

so since i've started this tank i've been dosing BRS 2part manually and topping off manually due to no space in the cabinet for an ATO reservoir. earlier this week i decided to get a container to stick IN the return chamber to be used as my ATO reservoir and finally put my Tunze Osmolator to use instead of only using it when I go on vacations. Along with ATO, I picked up some BRS kalk to keep my levels on par. figured i'd kill two stones with this approach and now I have no need to dose anything manually! we'll see how this goes. right now just starting off with 1tsp of kalk per gallon of RODI.

I'll get some photos up once the cyano subsides and the tank is picture worth again!
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BattleAthletics

Congrats on the baby girl!!!! Im having mine next month. Im gonna sell my 55 gallon. I dont need that taking up some of my time also.

Reason I posted is because thats a sweet looking tank!

• 1 month later...
tank is now in rebuild mode. got sick of the cyano. vacuumed out the sump, took out all the rock and brushed it clean of cyano, and removed any dead SPS :(

only coral that survived my lack of husbandry the past 6mo are the zoanthids and the duncans. i'll give it a few weeks, if no signs of algae then i'll start possibly collecting more coral.

Archived