Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

•••JR's Aquatica Oasis•••

JR!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be taggin along too. gonna sit down one day and read your thread. So far your stand looks incredible! i wish i have the tools to build a stand like that. i cheated and just bought a VANITY stand and add on some 2x4's for better stronger foundation supports. :) But also i would like to comment on your scape. That is one of the best scape i have ever seen. Thanks for checking out and i will do the same!

I will be taggin along too. gonna sit down one day and read your thread. So far your stand looks incredible! i wish i have the tools to build a stand like that. i cheated and just bought a VANITY stand and add on some 2x4's for better stronger foundation supports. :) But also i would like to comment on your scape. That is one of the best scape i have ever seen. Thanks for checking out and i will do the same!

<3 thanks david. love looking at your tanks. :)

i had a thought for my ato "filling to fast" if you will.

http://www.amazon.com/Ball-valve-2-way-bar...6167&sr=1-2

i think this might work. better then a zip tie and filter floss :P

u guys might try a ball valve on em. this would work pretty well i think if ya have one layin about,

I think i heard that ball valve thingy somewhere before .. hmmm

i have been looking for a cleaner but no one around here has a nice one. they all seem sickly to me :huh: almost grabbed a porcelain crab today too

Check the salty critter in vermilion:

http://saltycritter.com/

Give them a call or shoot an email. They usually have Cleaner Shrimp.

If you don't want to make the drive, I can pick 'em up and meet you since they are technically closer to me than you I believe.

Man, that tank and stand got it all goin on!!! I think I said it beofre, but that scape is the shizz. Let us know how the valve works for the ATO.

Check the salty critter in vermilion:

http://saltycritter.com/

Give them a call or shoot an email. They usually have Cleaner Shrimp.

If you don't want to make the drive, I can pick 'em up and meet you since they are technically closer to me than you I believe.

Thanks man. Ill let you know :)

Man, that tank and stand got it all goin on!!! I think I said it beofre, but that scape is the shizz. Let us know how the valve works for the ATO.

Hahaha I really have to give credit to my wife for the scape. She was a huge help with it. Ill let you know on the ato

Hopefully your cardinals last longer than mine :P

Before I put the Mantis in, I had 1 cardinal. It was in for a few days then over the weekend. When I came back to work, it was MIA. Found its remains when cleaning, lol. Pretty sure my hermits ate it.

Hopefully your cardinals last longer than mine :P

Before I put the Mantis in, I had 1 cardinal. It was in for a few days then over the weekend. When I came back to work, it was MIA. Found its remains when cleaning, lol. Pretty sure my hermits ate it.

I hope so to. They are really cool fish. When we move I wanna do like a 125 gallon and I'm gonna them over there

Do not use Velcro to mount your moonlight. Back in 2010 I had a moonlight Velcro to the sunpod and one day I was out of town and came back later that night to a disaster. All my corals got fryed except for some acans and my two fish. -lesson learned. Just go ahead and drill it or find another solution and do it right the first time right please. Good luck!

Best regard,

David

Do not use Velcro to mount your moonlight. Back in 2010 I had a moonlight Velcro to the sunpod and one day I was out of town and came back later that night to a disaster. All my corals got fryed except for some acans and my two fish. -lesson learned. Just go ahead and drill it or find another solution and do it right the first time right please. Good luck!

Best regard,

David

Good point :)

Looks like I won't be suggesting Velcro again :P

They don't look that heavy. Maybe Velcro them to it?

That'd work. I'm gonna order one and see how it works. I kinda wanna do a whole DIY led kit.

Really would like to have some moon lights.

looking into these

http://www.modularled.ca/2-led-moonlight-kit/

thoughts?

You will need a heat sink or something of the sort with the kit but I think it is good kit. Martin is most helpful if you have any questions. Another option might be to spend more and get a moon light with controller that simulates the lunar cycle. If you use a controller you may be able to just add a module to your existing controller. If you don't have a controller you can buy a stand alone.

Archived