• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 7,320 posts
  • Joined 23 Nov 2007

fuzzy caulerpa too...wow...the closer I look the more worried I get. So those lights have an off switch right?

Neya

Neya

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2010
  • Worcester, MA

fuzzy caulerpa too...wow...the closer I look the more worried I get. So those lights have an off switch right?

The lights are auto timed. I've attempted black outs only to be thwarted by the husband coming home and turning them on again.

Trogdor447

Trogdor447

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 3,040 posts
  • Joined 22 Apr 2010
  • Scranton, PA

The lights are auto timed. I've attempted black outs only to be thwarted by the husband coming home and turning them on again.

Time for a new man imo - Show him that you won dirtiest tank - and that is not good husbandry
"hun I think George(anemone) is trying to eat Mr. Clown"

Burninating 40b
http://www.nano-reef...howtopic=268998

Aquastyle 36 LED Dimmable (40 LEDs)
http://www.nano-reef...?...279188&st=0

Aquastyle 12 LED Sump Reactor
http://www.nano-reef...howtopic=287534

My 20h - Flame on - Retired
http://www.nano-reef...howtopic=236391

kgoldy

kgoldy

Lazy Reefer

• Members
  • 3,643 posts
  • Joined 02 Jun 2010
  • Long Island, NY
Forgot to check back on the contest... Just wanna let you know Neya, I appreciate the fact that you keep your glass clean enough to allow us to really appreciate the true form of the tank. Hahahaha.

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 27,760 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York
Congrats NEYA!!

Click the Icons for links

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac

ajmckay

ajmckay

Wrasses McGee

• Members
  • 4,270 posts
  • Joined 30 Oct 2008
  • Sterling Heights, Michigan
Some great entries this year... Congrats to the winner. I was a finalist last year... In-fact my tank was the first picture in this thread, the one with the mag float on the glass ready to mow the grass :) I remember that tank fondly... It constantly kept me guessing "I wonder if X is still alive?".

Actually it's amazing just how well certain things did in that environment... SPS not so good, but softies and many of my LPS corals did great and the CUC was fat...

Edited by ajmckay, 06 December 2011 - 12:03 PM.

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 7,320 posts
  • Joined 23 Nov 2007

Oh I was just joking. I have that problem too with timers, they just get pushed forward. :) I will get a clean up crew put together for you this week.

Neya

Neya

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2010
  • Worcester, MA

Some great entries this year... Congrats to the winner. I was a finalist last year... In-fact my tank was the first picture in this thread, the one with the mag float on the glass ready to mow the grass :) I remember that tank fondly... It constantly kept me guessing "I wonder if X is still alive?".

Actually it's amazing just how well certain things did in that environment... SPS not so good, but softies and many of my LPS corals did great and the CUC was fat...

Interestingly enough since the outbreak two of my acro's have had unbelievable growth spurts. They had otherwise been slow growers previously. Another common/easy sps has also spurted, I cannot remember the name (it'll come to me). The growth of my montis slowed though.
I've had to be very careful with acans, blastos etc because they get overgrown and smothered. Sometimes finding them again can be a hassle.

Neya

Neya

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2010
  • Worcester, MA
Wow. I wish I had a bigger ugly tank(I say this jokingly). Those deer cowries you put up are gooooorgeous!
:o

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 7,320 posts
  • Joined 23 Nov 2007

Interestingly enough since the outbreak two of my acro's have had unbelievable growth spurts. They had otherwise been slow growers previously. Another common/easy sps has also spurted, I cannot remember the name (it'll come to me). The growth of my montis slowed though.
I've had to be very careful with acans, blastos etc because they get overgrown and smothered. Sometimes finding them again can be a hassle.

they are cool. not very reef safe though.

did I get your address? PM it again if I have, I may have misplaced it...

Neya

Neya

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2010
  • Worcester, MA

they are cool. not very reef safe though.

did I get your address? PM it again if I have, I may have misplaced it...

Yeah, sounds like they could bulldoze everything.

I sent my address again :)

Neya

Neya

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2010
  • Worcester, MA
Got the package just now.

I didn't take unwrapping pictures because there was some slight leakage. Good thing too cause the water was slightly chilled.

I immediately thought "oh no" because one emerald crab was not moving at all and upside down floating.
I decided to float acclimate his bag anyways - to be %100 sure. Good thing too. After a minute he began moving around.
Always double check!

I'll update after.

Neya

Neya

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2010
  • Worcester, MA
Like a smorgasbord of surprises.

The emerald crab I spoke of above is doing just fine.
There was also a 3rd super special unexpected emerald - who is ruby colored??? I'm sure of it. It's very pretty.

The fuzzy chitons were surprising looking, showing my complete lack of knowledge I was totally confused for a moment by these ugly fuzzy things inside clam shells. I thought the clam shell was it's shell or something. This moment was quite brief, they're really REALLY cool!

Neya

Neya

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2010
  • Worcester, MA
One emerald didn't make it through the night. Surprisingly it was the one that seemed the healthiest :(
It had snuggled in a spot and remained stationary for the night, in the am it was in the sand being picked over by hermits. I'll have to go pick another one up at the Lfs.
The ruby was moving around and eating last night. I haven't seen the third one today, but last I saw it it was moving around just fine - fingers crossed.

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 7,320 posts
  • Joined 23 Nov 2007
That is a shame to hear, hopefully the others do better.

Fearlessmoto

Fearlessmoto

Fearlessmoto

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • Joined 24 Dec 2011
  • Saranac, NY
jhonmaloney, i was going to post a pic of my 20 L but after seeing that 55gallon i don't stand a chance LOL :D
Remember if you drop the grenade and throw the pin, your drill instructor will make you do
push-ups for the next 10 hours to make up for his missing eyebrows. ;-)

Links to my tank Threads

My 10.2gallon tank Journal
http://www.nano-reef...howtopic=291561

Fearless 2.5gallon Sexytope!
http://www.nano-reef.....essmoto's 20L

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 7,320 posts
  • Joined 23 Nov 2007
I didnt say it Neya :)

mbonus

mbonus

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Joined 07 Sep 2010
we want weekly pics of Neya's tank. The public demands it..... :)

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 27,760 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York
agreed

Click the Icons for links

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac