Coral Vue Hydros

It is time....Ugly Tank Contest 4

johnmaloney

Oh God Neya, if I win I'll send my CUC to you.

Now I feel Like hiding under a rock.

I still have hope for my tank though. Even if it's ugly, it's still my baby.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^LOL, hosting algae.

My husband looked at our tank last night (it has 2 small nems, the dominant clown was hosting its usual nem) and says "what is the small guy hosting, I dont see his anemone" I took a peak... "algae..." He gave me the weirdest look.

We are having some difficult getting all the votes in. Would you feel OK with setting a timeframe of 24 hours for new votes to come in?

We are having some difficult getting all the votes in. Would you feel OK with setting a timeframe of 24 hours for new votes to come in?

I don't see a way to vote? There's no poll or instructions(ie reply to the thread to vote?)

Maybe that's why there has been trouble? Maybe others are as confused as I am?

who is your vote for neya? the finalists are the only ones who can vote, sorry for the confusion i meant to send you a pm about it

awe Johny.. its a shame I'm not in the runnings this year.. :) I miss my GHA so thick i could comb it, my clown could host it, I'm proud to say its going away!! Thanks to all that submit photos its enjoyable

Congratulations to Neya, owner of the ugliest tank of 2011, here were the votes:

elweshomayor - chas

xmetalfan neya - nano-reef

chas - Shifty51008.

deejay02 - mr bojangles

johnnyice(mrbonjangles on another forum) - chas

tbarnes - neya nano-reef.

avilamillar neya - nano-reef

neya - avilamillar

and here is the tank:

DSCN1912-1.jpg

Dude I have BEEN THERE. You have a full blown cotton candy algae attack!

I was only able to fix mine by removing the sandbed, using RODI and using mexican Turbo snails (they will eat the red fluffy stuff=cotton candy algae).

:scarry: :scarry: :scarry: :scarry: :scarry:

Official entry: Taken today (after scraping the coraline to hide the issue). Where did my corals go? It's like where's waldo. I don't even think a custom crew could fix this. Not more than one inch of rock or sand is visible anymore. I pull and pull. Switching to from tap to RODI was the defining moment when a couple scruffs of algae turned into an algae inferno (believe it or not)

DSCN1912-1.jpg

before scraping..

DSCN1905.jpg

upclose

DSCN1906.jpg

pump to skimmer... Cyano city

DSCN1915.jpg

You'd never know there was SAND below all this.

DSCN1916.jpg

Or Rocks...

DSCN1917.jpg

Or Acans, a monti cap, or mushrooms, or zoas.. I assure you they're in there somewhere and still alive after my weekly cleaning. Sometimes I find stuff I forgot about.

DSCN1918.jpg

I start pruning stuff and then this goes sexual

DSCN1919.jpg

Signs of life

DSCN1920.jpg

*clears throat*

Today is a great day. I am happy, thankful, and humiliated all at the same time for winning!

Thank you John and those that thought my tank was the most puke inducing!

You know cotton algae and GHA is bad when it covers and chokes out bryopsis :)

Archived