Top Shelf Aquatics

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

Well i received my replacement mp10 which was upgraded to the mp10 wES by ecotech. This thing really is awesome. Also picked up some new additions.

IMAG1504.jpg

IMAG1502.jpg

IMAG1537.jpg

IMAG1534.jpg

IMAG1535.jpg

Also we got the new house so we are moving in a couple weeks. So as a present to myself I ordered a new custom tank. I went with a 30x16x12 with a right corner overflow. And im going to try building my own stand. Should be here in a couple weeks.

Here is a pic of the view from the backyard. Nothing like seeing the strip, especially at night.

IMAG1528.jpg

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow amazing view. How far of a drive from the strip is it? I cant wait to be in vegas. We are going out there after our baby is born. Congrats on the new house and the new tank build. I will be building my own stand for the 120 as well. I have been messing around with google sketchup to come up with some ideas.

Thanks jg. We are about 15-20 minutes from the strip. It is just nice to actually have a backyard. I have been looking around the internet like crazy looking for some stand designs. Found a couple that were pretty good. It will be a lot cheaper than getting a pre-fab one or having someone make it for me.

Do you have any problem with your clear anemonie shrimp and your sexy shrimp getting into it. I saw some of the clear ones at my LFS but was scared they would not get along with my growing sexy population.

They are fine together. They get territorial at times but nothing major. I like the clear anemone shrimp better because they don't munch on corals like sexy shrimp do.

I wanna see that Vegas picture again, but taken at night.

All i could think about when i saw that pic was "I wonder how many people are buried out there?"

O yea the tank looks great to, also building a tank stand is easy, after all it doesn't have to hold water.

Go for it.

PW

I wanna see that Vegas picture again, but taken at night.

All i could think about when i saw that pic was "I wonder how many people are buried out there?"

O yea the tank looks great to, also building a tank stand is easy, after all it doesn't have to hold water.

Go for it.

PW

Haha i tried to get a pic at night but it doesnt come out well. Lets just say its awesome at night. And i dont even want to know how many people are buried out here haha.

Very cool, I used to work in Henderson at Fedex, and lived right next to the strip.

Sweet! Where did you live and how long were you in vegas? I am more in the southeast part of town.

Not that I have seen. Basically the only tanks here are standard aqueon and top fin tanks or custom lee-mar tanks which mine will be.

Anyone have a pom pom crab that decided to use blue anthelia as its pom poms. Thats what i caught mine doing today. Also a new fts on the 1st page.

IMAG1580.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally all settled in to the new house. The tank was moved over and everything made it except my green porcillopora which is not looking too good. I havent been able to take any pics due to not having any spare time. Trying to get my man cave set up haha.

• 2 weeks later...
Cool, new tank. Can't wait to see what you create with it. Your pico is still looking great. How are the feather dusters doing?

Thanks. They are still growing. Every now and then i pull some out and throw them into my fuge.

• 4 months later...

Wow this thread hasnt been updated in awhile. Tank looks nothing like it did the last time i updated. Personally i think it looks bad. Im slowly getting it back on track. I recently lost my two sexies that i had for over a year and a half. The pom pom crab is somehow still alive even though i only see it like once a week. The blue anthelia has started taking over on part of the tank. Thinking about removing most of the sand and going bare bottom. Here is an updated FTS.

photobucket-40103-1340415182975.jpg

Anthelia

photobucket-39691-1340415178498.jpg

Maxi Mini

photobucket-42169-1340415183870.jpg

• 9 months later...

Archived