Top Shelf Aquatics

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the lack of pics, just waiting to see how my new additions acclimate. Some are still recovering from a recent cut and once fully adjusted I'll be taking pics!

Was able to sell 1 of my acans to help clean up the sand bed a little. I have a few more to sell, and even more to move from plugs and onto my rockscape.

Sorry for the lack of pics, just waiting to see how my new additions acclimate. Some are still recovering from a recent cut and once fully adjusted I'll be taking pics!

yay :D

congrats on the new stuff!

Figured I'd post some pics so I can get a baseline for growth on some corals from FragStock...

DSCN6888.jpg

DSCN6885.jpg

DSCN6920.jpg

DSCN6917.jpg

DSCN6914.jpg

DSCN6910.jpg

DSCN6897.jpg

DSCN6890.jpg

DSCN6880.jpg

DSCN6878.jpg

And some new FTS... Hopefully things will start growing in.

DSCN6901.jpg

DSCN6902.jpg

Read through this whole build yesterday and its amazing! Tank is looking great.

I may have missed this detail but is there anything between the tank and the tiles? I know at the beginning you said you had an ADA mat but it doesn't look like it was used? Just curious. Or maybe the ADA mats are thin, I am not familiar with them.

Love the LPS collection you have going on!! :wub:

Thanks! Not sure what I want next... Other than 1 more tank. ;)

Sick! i love all the scolys and the new acans

Thanks! Was trying to sell either my war paint or red scolly locally, but no takers and since I'm far from desperate, I may just keep them all. :D As I glue up my acans I'm finding more room for my scollys. :)

Read through this whole build yesterday and its amazing! Tank is looking great.

I may have missed this detail but is there anything between the tank and the tiles? I know at the beginning you said you had an ADA mat but it doesn't look like it was used? Just curious. Or maybe the ADA mats are thin, I am not familiar with them.

Thanks, I ended up using the foam drawer liner doubled up. It's thin, but ADA tanks are perfect on the bottom and it fully supports the tank.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

So nice.

Thanks!

This tank is inspiring! Nice colors. Clean Nice LPS collection

Thanks!

I attached half my Acan frags to rock work along with my blastos. Hopefully the rest of my acans will start puffing up soon so I can attach them as well. :) Already the rock work looks so much better, I'll try to get some more pics this week. :)

Fish update...

Helfrichi is MIA so I'm done with them. :( Even had a screen on the top, and gutter guard on the overflow. No idea where he went so screw'em going back to the cheap ones. ;) 3 Firefish will be here tomorrow, along with a Fire Shrimp, Randall Goby, and some more snails.

^^this is why i can never bring myself to spend large amounts on any one livestock item. be it corals or fish, i'm always afraid i'll sink a huge chunk of my budget into something only to have it die/disappear/trot off to Narnia :P:huh:

^^this is why i can never bring myself to spend large amounts on any one livestock item. be it corals or fish, i'm always afraid i'll sink a huge chunk of my budget into something only to have it die/disappear/trot off to Narnia :P:huh:

I understand that! Really didn't think my RG would be such a butt to him, day 1 he chased like mad and he didn't jump. They were starting to getting along and a week later gone. :(

Just read through the tread great job, tank is awesome man. Makes me want to set up an Ada on the empty counter space next to my couch.

The colors in this tank are amazing!

Thanks, hopefully they will be even better in several months when things are starting to grow in...

Just read through the tread great job, tank is awesome man. Makes me want to set up an Ada on the empty counter space next to my couch.

Thanks! All I can say is DO IT!!! I've setup a number of tanks over the decades, and this is by far my favorite. It would also be my most rewarding, but my 12'er still has that title. ;) Thanks for the kind words!

UPDATE:

Got my fish order in yesterday afternoon... 7 Astrea Snails are doing great, 10 large Nassarius Snails are buried and eating like pigs when I feed the tank. 3 Firefish are battling with the Royal Gramma and Perc Clown, and my Randall Goby is chill'in on the sand bed causing no drama. The Fire Shrimp didn't make the shipment, so I'll try for that next time. Thinking about picking up a Maxima Clam, but need to sell a couple more pieces that are taking more room than they are worth. Once they sell I'll likely add the clam in their place.

So, anyone running a nano calcium reactor? Considering building my own, but always interested in saving time if it's worth it. Let me know if you run one, or know someone who is.

Was able to sell of a couple pieces yesterday so I think I finally have room for a clam. Hoping to find time today to meet up with Reefkoi before he heads out to his next show.

Took some more pics tonight. Sorry for the quality, the light was getting low at 9:30 but thought I'd share.

Reverse angle FTS:

DSCN6922.jpg

Finally mounted most of my acans, so now it's the waiting game...

DSCN6924.jpg

DSCN6925.jpg

DSCN6926.jpg

DSCN6928.jpg

DSCN6929.jpg

DSCN6930.jpg

DSCN6931.jpg

DSCN6933.jpg

DSCN6943.jpg

DSCN6946.jpg

DSCN6947.jpg

DSCN6948.jpg

DSCN6958.jpg

DSCN6959.jpg

DSCN6960.jpg

DSCN6962.jpg

Reflection Image...

DSCN6964.jpg

• Like 1

lol, yeah I think they look better in a threesome ;) I moved the red one and I like the look much better. Not sure what I'm going to do with the red one... Might sell it, just doesn't look right alone either.

Archived