ReefCleaners.org

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations! This is one of the nicest tanks Ive ever seen and it deserves to be featured everywhere.

Congrats my friend. You deserve the recognition. Your tank is beautiful and amazing. How are you finding the LED's compared to your previous lighting? Loss of colour or any of the corals becoming pale?

Paleoreef103

An inspiration. Great article. I heard that red, purple, and oranges don't really pop with the ecolamp. Any thought on this? I'm thinking of turning my refugium area into a cryptic zone because biopellets and vodka dosing has starved my chaeto. I think a cryptic zone would do better for microfauna production. What do you think?

Finally! Congrats on the writeup. Your tank looks just amazing. Really :bowdown:
Congratulations! This is one of the nicest tanks Ive ever seen and it deserves to be featured everywhere.
^^ what he said!
I just saw that on Facebook! Congratulations!!! This tank is well worth the fame & praise. :bowdown:
Congrats on the advanced aquarist nod
Congrats my friend.

My deepest thanks to all of you, my friends! Your feedback has been instrumental in my salty experience. :blush:

Congrats my friend. You deserve the recognition. Your tank is beautiful and amazing. How are you finding the LED's compared to your previous lighting? Loss of colour or any of the corals becoming pale?

Thanks. On the contrary! In my short LED experience I'd say they've deepened the colors on my SPS and brought up more highlight in them. One must remember that LEDs usually are very point-source lights thus light coverage might vary from T5.

An inspiration. Great article. I heard that red, purple, and oranges don't really pop with the ecolamp. Any thought on this? I'm thinking of turning my refugium area into a cryptic zone because biopellets and vodka dosing has starved my chaeto. I think a cryptic zone would do better for microfauna production. What do you think?

Not all red, purple or orange are fluorescenting, thus making them seem "un-popping". :lol: But then again some oranges DO pop the way you wouldn't dream of.. I'll try to upload some examples this weekend to prove my point. ;) From what I know of ecolamp has the same RB wavelength LEDs as any other brand uses.

If you no longer have the need for macro algae, why fight if? Remove the light, fill if with live rock, buy yourself a cold one (with the money saved on that lights electricity :lol: ), sit back and let the nature do it's thing. Works for me and I wouldn't see why not for you too.

Congratulations Aquanist! Very well deserved for such an amazing tank :)

Thanks Alto! There's a great many tanks deserving this. Not that I'd complain. -_-

Congrat to you and your beautiful tank! Hope one day my tank look good and healthy like yours

Thank you and what makes you think yours doesn't already? Even the bare scape could be found at MoMA! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations!!!!!

Cheers! B)

Updates are now going to get fewer as summer brings more sailing and outdoor cabin life by the sea... I'll do my best to stay tuned via 3G though..

Nice. There's only a pic there...looking forward to more pics on that site of yours!

There's more. You just need to click at the edges of the pictures to turn pages.

revaltion131

Nice site! I would definitely make any pages with a large amount of body copy horizontal, though.

Btw, tank's awesome too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Marvin, how are you able to get the amazing colors you have in the corals? I have SPS that are browning and I can't figure out why or how to get them colored back up.

Hey there. Question for ya. Did, or are you experiencing any color change with your LEDs vs the T5s?

Heya.

Not much actually. Most color changes were instant as different wavelengths were peaking with my T5 selection as are with these LEDs. Nothing too big though. Some reds were cut back a bit after taking out the 2 fiji purples while others popped out. With LEDs you want to go with the more fluorescent colors or use those full spectrum LEDs.

Wow the tank is a beauty!

And I thank you for the compliment! :)

Marvin, how are you able to get the amazing colors you have in the corals? I have SPS that are browning and I can't figure out why or how to get them colored back up.

It's called Aperture3. :lol: No seriously, I don't know really. I've had my share of drab corals while others were/are in stunning colors. I've always just put it down to not all corals have the same needs what comes to light,flow,feeding etc.. If some coral doesn't like it in my tank even after a few repositionings I've just traded them forward and got another specimen.

Then again if they're all turning brown I would make sure you have low-as-possible nutrients, average non-laminar flow and enough usable light for corals. If all else fails, try drugs (for the corals that is i.e. iodine, aminos...)

Archived