Pod Your Reef

Bongo Shrimp's 25g Tide Pool

Bongo Shrimp

Absolutely awesome tank. I love the macros you've got and you've managed to maintain some sense of an aquascape. Too many macro tanks around the net lack that and just look a mess.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely awesome tank. I love the macros you've got and you've managed to maintain some sense of an aquascape. Too many macro tanks around the net lack that and just look a mess.

Thank you! I do pride myself in having a tamed macro tank.

Mine is just finishing the whole diatom/dinoflagellate bloom phase. I started the tank as a home that can handle the nitrates caused by all the mandarin feedings I do every day. My first group of macros ships out Monday. Where do you get yours?

Mine is just finishing the whole diatom/dinoflagellate bloom phase. I started the tank as a home that can handle the nitrates caused by all the mandarin feedings I do every day. My first group of macros ships out Monday. Where do you get yours?

Mostly from LFSs and random people online.

• 2 months later...

I think it's funny that you're not telling who your supplier is, with a little research you can find them.. For example this place will take orders...

http://www.stickycricket.com/cuttle/hatchl...indexshow.html..

There saying is breeding cephs so you don't have to

Here it even says they have them for sale

Quit acting like your supplier is the only one who has them

http://www.stickycricket.com/cuttle/availability.html

"stickycricket" is just a guy, not a they, and he is one of my best friends. He hasn't sold any eggs or baby cuttles to hobbyists for many years. He's never sold any flamboyant cuttles.

BS, did you ever get Metasepia? They are incredibly hard to keep healthy and happy. As in, having them lay fertile eggs that hatch and produce viable offspring. IMO keeping the water very very clean will help.

Bongo Shrimp

"stickycricket" is just a guy, not a they, and he is one of my best friends. He hasn't sold any eggs or baby cuttles to hobbyists for many years. He's never sold any flamboyant cuttles.

BS, did you ever get Metasepia? They are incredibly hard to keep healthy and happy. As in, having them lay fertile eggs that hatch and produce viable offspring. IMO keeping the water very very clean will help.

No I did not. They are too delicate and kept dying before I could even pay for them let alone have them shipped. That plus many were just too expensive for an adult which might die any day. Unless I can find eggs or hatchlings I think I'm gonna hold off on these guys. Just too difficult to even get.

Here's a recent pic of the tank. Sorry I have not been updating more.

ZoomedoutFTS-GordonGreenley_zpsdfcb1a73.

• 2 weeks later...
Bongo Shrimp

Everyone make sure to pick up a copy of Reef Hobbyist Magazine because altolamprologus and I wrote and article about macro tanks in the new issue.

photocopy_zpsc8d8fc30.jpg

Everyone make sure to pick up a copy of Reef Hobbyist Magazine because altolamprologus and I wrote and article about macro tanks in the new issue.

photocopy_zpsc8d8fc30.jpg

Nice work. They are a good mag to write for.

Bongo Shrimp

Nice work. They are a good mag to write for.

Thank you!

Sweet little macro tank, good job :).

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Bongo Shrimp

Sorta just coasting till I find a certain pipefish I'm trying to get for this tank.

Archived