Pod Your Reef

NRF's NC 12DX

Needreefunds

Needreefunds

OK, so I let the chiller and fan run all night to see how it would perform. Temp was 80.1* this morning and has been in the 80-81 range so far today. So far so good, but it is cool here in NJ today, 69* right now. fingerscrossed

And now, Weetabix7, remember these??

100_4711.jpg

100_4712.jpg

100_4713.jpg

Do you see some of your babies??

More stuff...

100_4715.jpg

100_4714.jpg

This ones for Lisa-

100_4708.jpg

HAPPY NOW???!!???

B):haha:

Your turn!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alexmurovec

i absolutely love the look of all the small frags :o its gonna look so good once its filled out, so much color.

Needreefunds

Alex, thanks for the kind words!

I checked out a new (to me) LFS this afternoon, and, well.........

100_4721.jpg

100_4719.jpg

First Ric!!! :wub::happydance:

The temp seems to have maxed out at 81.7*

Thanks for looking!

Now I gotta go see what happens to Tony S........

:)

So you are running the ICA 24/7? Are you running the fan along with it?

Nice Shots and that Ric is stunning!!

And now, Weetabix7, remember these??

100_4711.jpg

100_4712.jpg

100_4713.jpg

Do you see some of your babies??

This ones for Lisa-

100_4708.jpg

HAPPY NOW???!!???

B):haha:

Your turn!

I'm doing the happy dance with my little boys!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My babies look so purty, thanks for taking good care of them. :flower:

Those blues look like they morphed a bit, am I seeing that right? I like the way they look.

I just got home and will try to work on my aquascape over the next couple days, so I can post a FTS just for you! Looks like everything did very well in my absence, one of the best zoa frags is sprouting babies like nobody's business, so I'm feeling inspired. :happy:

We'll see if I feel the same way tomorrow when I get everything just right and accidentally knock half of it down as I'm placing the last frag in the perfect rock crevice!

Anyway, your tank looks great--of course!-- keep up the good work!

Needreefunds
So you are running the ICA 24/7? Are you running the fan along with it?

Nice Shots and that Ric is stunning!!

Thank you!

Yup, 24/7, ICA and the fan. And I left the lights and hood fans on their normal cycle. fingerscrossed

AND

Weetie!

Thank Q2!

Yes the blues have a little. And I have a frag of them in my prop tank that have morphed even more. But not for the better :(... But I am not fond of the lighting on that tank. So far everything I put in there sort of lacks color.

I do appreciate the support everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...
Needreefunds
Awesome Ric needreefunds! (Off to get one) :lol:

Thanks Buddy!!! I don't know how I missed your post, sorry! :slap:

OK, you have seen my first Ric. Now I am very pleased to introduce to you all......Mr. First Yuma, and son...

000_0143.jpg

The temperature battle continues. My den / TV / fish-room just gets too dang hot during the day. I actually added a window A/C unit in an adjacent room in effort to keep this under control. Could not do it in the fish-room as there is only a Bow window and sliding glass door. Having a window unit is pretty strange in a house that already has central air! Can't really tell how well this is working as temps have been cooler the past few days here in NJ.

Have a great weekend!

I have been running my ICA 24/7 and the heater is fighting it all night keeping it at 79f which is where my heater is set now and during the day after the MH and PC's it gets as high as 80.7

Needreefunds
I have been running my ICA 24/7 and the heater is fighting it all night keeping it at 79f which is where my heater is set now and during the day after the MH and PC's it gets as high as 80.7

So I'd say your in good shape, no??

I forgot to mention that after talking to NR's resident Mad Doctor ( RayWisperer) I did tinker with my hood some more last weekend. He offered several options. Thank you Ray!! Anyway, I decided to add another fan. So now there is: The ICA fan (runs along with the ICA-24/7), I returned a stock fan to its stock left rear position but it is blowing in as is the ICA fan. I modded the two thinner evercools (I think) into the vent areas and these pull hot air out.

The weather has been strange these past couple weeks so again its tough to know how well its all going to do for me. Everything I have tried has helped some. But at this point I really need to try to keep the "fish room" cooler. Have been thinking of changing the light timing on all of the tanks to run more at night while outside temps are cooler. Or perhaps staggering the three tanks I have.......or sell everything and take up crochet????

Forget about selling, I think you should just donate to a fellow friendly frag-lover ;);) , and take up crochet.

I think you'd be awesome at it! :happy:

Needreefunds
Forget about selling, I think you should just donate to a fellow friendly frag-lover ;);) , and take up crochet.

I think you'd be awesome at it! :happy:

Really?? Do you think so?? I mean, it looks pretty tough getting the balls through those little hoops and all........

No, you have to hit each OTHER with the hammers! It's a common misconception to think you have to hit the balls. Awsome yuma! As for heat iszues... what about trying something like I did, with the fan suspended in the air? It works pretty good so far!

Needreefunds
No, you have to hit each OTHER with the hammers! It's a common misconception to think you have to hit the balls. Awsome yuma! As for heat iszues... what about trying something like I did, with the fan suspended in the air? It works pretty good so far!

Wow, you play rough! Oh, thought you said each others balls........ :lol:

Thanks bud. Yea, I saw what you did, hope it works out for you. Cant really do that on a Nanocube tho- the splash shield runs pretty much right to the back lip and the cords go through the rear lip as well, so there isn't really that "dead space" you were able to utilize. This is doing ok for now, but as you know the weather has been rather cool lately. We will see what the "dog days" bring.. <_<

Sup Need!? I have been offline here for a month or more while doing some needed PT. Tanks looking nice. You bet me on frag collecting though! :) I myself have a Ric that is leaving trails of offspring everywhere, me and you need to do some trading! I also would like a polyp or 2 of that watermelon that you got! Hit me up in a PM.

• 4 weeks later...
Needreefunds
You have a nice collection going there. Is the fiji going in there too?

HEY Brett!! Thanks for stopping by!

No, No, two leathers in a 12g? Bad JU-JU methinks! I also have a 20L prop tank and a 46g bow-front. The bow I have been slowly changing from a FO set up to a mixed reef. Here is a shot of the bow-in-flux. Its in need of a major cleaning, but I am trying to let the tank do its thing after all the changes, got rid of CC substrate for reef sand, added Marco rocks and LR, added 2x 150 MH Sunpod- Tank is really starting to color up nicely...one step at a time....

000_0150.jpg

and a shot of "our" lil' yeller fiji in the prop tank. In the soap dish / hospital / rehab area

100_4804.jpg

The Nano Cube is doing OK, but I have been having trouble the past week or so with a few Zoa frags. I lost the gorilla Nip frag and a couple others have been unhappy. I have not found a cause for any of this. Have been doing the usual dips and keeping up on my water changes. Kinda strange as nothing new has been added since the Yuma. We shall see. This hobby drives me nuts. Why do I love it so much?

Take care Everyone and thanks for checking in! :)

HEY Brett!! Thanks for stopping by!

No, No, two leathers in a 12g? Bad JU-JU methinks! I also have a 20L prop tank and a 46g bow-front. The bow I have been slowly changing from a FO set up to a mixed reef. Here is a shot of the bow-in-flux. Its in need of a major cleaning, but I am trying to let the tank do its thing after all the changes, got rid of CC substrate for reef sand, added Marco rocks and LR, added 2x 150 MH Sunpod- Tank is really starting to color up nicely...one step at a time....

000_0150.jpg

and a shot of "our" lil' yeller fiji in the prop tank. In the soap dish / hospital / rehab area

100_4804.jpg

The Nano Cube is doing OK, but I have been having trouble the past week or so with a few Zoa frags. I lost the gorilla Nip frag and a couple others have been unhappy. I have not found a cause for any of this. Have been doing the usual dips and keeping up on my water changes. Kinda strange as nothing new has been added since the Yuma. We shall see. This hobby drives me nuts. Why do I love it so much?

Take care Everyone and thanks for checking in! :)

The 46 looks like it is going well.

My fiji leather frag blew off the plug last night but is still attached to the small substrate pieces. I need to try again! Yours looks great!

Have you read all of the pinned threads about zoas in the zoa forum on Reef Central? Zoa colonies mysteriously dying off is not uncommon (although little understood) and they talk about it there a lot.

Needreefunds
The 46 looks like it is going well.

My fiji leather frag blew off the plug last night but is still attached to the small substrate pieces. I need to try again! Yours looks great!

Have you read all of the pinned threads about zoas in the zoa forum on Reef Central? Zoa colonies mysteriously dying off is not uncommon (although little understood) and they talk about it there a lot.

Thanks B! Yup, been doing a lot of reading "over there" :ninja: .

I tried the furan2 dip therapy that Prop started a thread on. We shall see. I did the three dips now I am supposed to wait a week. Its really sad to watch these cool looking zoos just wither and die in front of me :tears: I have lost about half of all my polyps in this tank :rant::tears: But some of the reading I did today seems to say the best thing to do is, well, nothing more than your normal water changes. Its tough to not do anything.....

Have you recovered your Fiji gone walkabout frag?? I have moved the whole soap dish with my Fiji frag to my 46 bow to help acclimate it to that tank. Plus I built a couple new racks in my prop tank and I needed the space :lol:

I'd post up some pics, but I just don't have the heart :tears:

• 1 month later...
Needreefunds

Hey streetfrog! Thanks for checkin' out my cube.

Well the zoa fungus (i think) hit this tank pretty hard. I have stopped trying to fight it and now I just keep up my water changes. I will just ride it out and hope for the best.

026.jpg

Thats what is left. :(

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

I just noticed a few polyps in this bunch not looking so hot. :angry:

031.jpg

This is whats remains of my sweet fire and ice frag^^^^^^^

032.jpg

034.jpg

As you can see, some appear to be just fine.

036.jpg

And to think it looked like this not long ago really bums me out.

100_4706.jpg

Thanks for checking in folks. Sniff, snarf, don't worry, sniff, (WIPE), I'll be OK.

All this has taught me to make frags of frags and keep them in different tanks, just in case. :)

Take care everyone.

Sorry to hear about your loss man...I am still keeping up on your tanks! I like the bowfront...I am hoping to get me a 55 or 75 gallon setup soon! I have to cross my fingers for you though.

Needreefunds
Sorry to hear about your loss man...I am still keeping up on your tanks! I like the bowfront...I am hoping to get me a 55 or 75 gallon setup soon! I have to cross my fingers for you though.

Thanks Vert.

The Bow is coming along. I'm working on plans for a sump for that one. I would like to clean up the back wall and hide most of the equipment in the sump. Needs a REAL skimmer also. :)

And the prop tank is doing well. Really into collecting LPS lately.

038.jpg

014.jpg

This was right after I got it, seems to be coloring back up now though.

054.jpg

012.jpg

Stuff like that! :wub:

I seem to have lost a little love for zoas, can't imagine why....... :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good NRF. I may send DTFlemming your way for tips on mounting yellow fiji frags since you seem to be better at it than I am;-)

The 110G that I tried in has too much flow for them to attach on their own, and I have not bought one of those cool soap dishes yet.

Archived