inTank Media Baskets

NRF's NC 12DX

Needreefunds

Needreefunds

Ooops the FTS was before El Chupacabras package arrived. So here are two more poor pics :lol:

100_4475.jpg

100_4476.jpg

Yea, they do suck :D I guess now I need to lurk in the Photo forum, See ya!!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
Very nice zoa and frags! Did you get them all from Nano reefers? (Or from the Pet Shanty?)

Thanks Buddy!! Lets see- The first two zoas ( green w/green fringe ) , purple w/blue mushie and the red splitting mushie were out of that 14.99 Pet Shanty frag basket. The little kenya tree is from two frags I got awhile back from OGII. One of the larger trees just dropped this frag off and I relocated into the cube after it had cycled. Everything else has come from fellow Nano-Reef.com members. And I like that. It just makes me feel better that while getting what I want ( frags ), I get to help fellow members at the same time, ( money ). Although with these guys charged me , they cant be making much. Also kind of like giving a little back to these guys for all the information and support ya know?? I know its not much but I hope it helps. :)

edit- spelling

Needreefunds

OK, so how do you make a snail dizzy? Do snails hurl???? Somehow it got onto the hydor-(click on pic to play )

th_snailride.jpg

Yeah, I know BIG @#$$% deal. But Its been up there awhile. I think he's gonna lose his lunch..

Silly snail :)

see ya!

• 2 weeks later...
Needreefunds

Well, Its been a little while. And I have some new additions to my 12g of obsession

100_4514.jpg

100_4515.jpg

100_4518-1.jpg

100_4519.jpg100_4537.jpg

100_4538.jpg

100_4533.jpg

100_4521.jpg

Sorry but all the FTS stink. A couple of side shots though. Got some frags from Weetabix7 and from The Propagator. Both great folks to deal with and I look forward to buying from them again! Otherwise all is well. Good luck continues. fingerscrossed Please, any comments or questions welcome....

Yea, my scape still sux, but nothings nailed down. So still flexible :)

Thanks for looking.

Needreefunds
Tank looks good and all those frags look pretty sweet.

Thanks Gerber77, I appreciate the support!

I received my RO/DI this week and installed it last night. No more trips to Walley world for water for me! Talked to some fellow NR.Com members who also bought from>> Get your RO/DI here!

I bought the Water General RO6100 DI with dual output. Also picked up the portable tds meter.

Had to totally rearrange the cabinet under the kitchen sink. :angry: I really think doing the pump mods to my cube were much easier than stuffing all this under our tiny sink base :lol: . But its all good, jobs done! Happy Easter folks.

HotRodScamp

Nice job on the back of your cube! It's so hard to keep all this equipment neat and tidy, yet still be able to work on it. And I am just green with envy of all the frags you've collected. I've been too hesitant to have corals shipped. But every day I read more and more people here who have great experiences with buying from N-R members. So my next frags will probably come from here. Great job on this, and I'll be following along!

- Mike

Needreefunds

Saltman123 and Hotrodscamp--(Frank and Mike),

I very much appreciate the kind words guys, Thank you! I really am addicted to frags. So much so that a new project is about to start. ( Looks at new 20L sitting on the floor in front of him, and full sheet of egg crate next to him). But maybe that's for another thread. B) Mike, like you I was very hesitant to have them shipped. At first it seemed I had no choice as finding nano sized frags at LFS near me was almost impossible. So I took a chance. The NR.Com members I have dealt with have all been great and I'm sure I will buy from all again!

Tank is doing well. Although I think I may have spotted a few flat worms. Still investigating what if any steps I need to take. The only addition since last update is a finned one. Will TRY to get and post pics. Thanks everyone.

Needreefunds

Boy this guys fast-

100_4559.jpg

100_4568.jpg

100_4575.jpg

100_4573.jpg100_4576.jpg

OK two part question if I may. Are these hairy mushrooms?? And are these flatworms on them??

100_4565.jpg

100_4569.jpg

See the 6-line peeking on the last one?

I thought getting pictures of corals was tough. Pffft, at least they stay still :lol:

Will try to get a better picture of the six line. I cannot believe how fast the pods and worms have disappeared. (other than the flatworms). He has not taken flake food yet, but maybe full ;) . Take care everyone.

That tank is coming right along! Looking really good! That wrasse makes me want 1 too! I read that they are a joy to have and those m-rooms look cool. Ever thinking about splitting them?

Needreefunds
WoW, the tank is looking great!!

Hey, thanks guys. Well the good luck has come to an end. So I come home from work to find only my actinics on. Come to find POS Cora-life timer strip timer had stuck. I get the lights on and see half of the frags either upside down or in the sand or just moved. The plan had been to come home and fresh water dip the two mushroom rocks with the flatworms. So I do this and it seems to go well. Worms curl up almost immediately. A quick swish and back in they go. After this I realize, hey, no fish. Flashlights, magnifying glass, check all chambers, under chaeto and sponges, no dice. Start taking apart rock-work. Found the poor guy jammed under the base rock. And on a side note the two green shrooms have turned inside out...just a bad day in the cube I guess. Infinitesimal in light of the horrible events at VT this week, but just needed a mini-vent I guess. Take care all.

RIP! I hope things improve- sometimes tanks just have bad days! I am sure everything will recover! (Except the fish...) At least you rid the shrooms of flat worms! :happy:

Sorry to hear all the bad hit in one day. Any idea why everything was turned over?

The beauty of salt is that many things are hardy so whatever survives usually reproduces.

I am trying to get to the point where my tank is fraggable and I am able to trade rather than keep buying stuff.

I too am addicted to zoos!!! I had 8 new kinds show up today, 5 more at the end of the week, and am already planning for another 4 or 5 types for the end of next week.

Needreefunds

Yup, so far it looks like the FW dip took care of the flatworms. The 'shrooms look like they will pull through. One strange thing, the large red shroom now looks like it has purple stripes???? Supwitdat? Saltman, I think it was just the Astrea's playin' frag hockey. Lil' bastages, but man they do clean, so what are ya gonna do? I hope to get to that point also Frank, these folks seem to have a blast swapping frags. I'm sure in time and with just a little luck we will! I will be watching your thread for the pics of all those frags!!

Oh yea, Vertigo, these shrooms split pretty good on their own! Or should I try the mushroom in a blender thing? J/K.

One more little update. During Easter weekend, my leather had looked unhappy. this went on for about four days. Just my luck, had company over, seeing tank for the first time asking, "hey whats wrong with that one?". PFFT. The next day it starts to wake up. I see a film coming off, which I help along with the baster. WOW it has never looked better. Bigger and brighter and very happy. I remembered reading of this type of thing with leathers retracting for no reason. But it was something to actually see happen. Neat stuff. Take care.

well, I am glad to see that things are looking better now, I am going to split mine in about a month to see if I can get 2 or 4 out of it.

• 1 month later...
Needreefunds

Its been awhile!

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend! Been busy like everyone else with spring house / yard-work type stuff. Also playing with the other tanks, the 46 bow and my new budding 20L prop tank. This one is doing well. Have been fighting unexpected temp issues. It seems the central air doesn't quite cover the heat build up in my fish / living room :lol: .So in effort to lower temps, I wound up swapping the stock pump I modded into chamber one with a new MJ600. Also cleaned up the plumbing to the pump. I got rid of the barbed elbow and nipple and used a 90* slip fit elbow instead. Much easier to service the pump now if need be. The pump upgrade helped some, but not enough, so.....

I just finished installing an ICA chiller from Nanotuners. We shall see how this works out. I will try to get some new pics up soon, right now some inhabitants are still slightly perturbed from being deprived of their normal light cycle. I put a couple work lights over top while I modded the chiller, but I couldn't fool them!

OK that's all for now, will work on those pics. Take care all!

:)

Edit-Pics!

Green eggs and ham from El Chuppa

100_4690.jpg

100_4691.jpg

some happy, some sad

100_4692.jpg

100_4693.jpg

100_4694.jpg

100_4697.jpg

100_4698.jpg

Cheers!

Just curious but what schedule do you plan on running the chiller? NT recs to have the fan stay on after the ICA turns off for at least 5mins so I was just wondering.

Nice looking tank BTW!!!

Needreefunds
Just curious but what schedule do you plan on running the chiller? NT recs to have the fan stay on after the ICA turns off for at least 5mins so I was just wondering.

Nice looking tank BTW!!!

Thanks! (BTW, I added new pics ^^^)

Not sure yet. Right now the plan is to see how it performs. I have timers set up for dusk /dawn lighting and if possible It would be nice to be able to turn off the chiller with the daylights and have the fans turn off with the actinics. But time will tell if this is possible. I hope so because, man, you DON'T wanna see whats behind that NC stand! :lol:

Been running for a few hours now. I will keep the fan and chiller running longer and see whats what. fingerscrossed

Well I have mine set up so that the fans come on with the actinics which are set at 3hrs before/after the MH and the ICA comes one 15mins before/after the MH but I wanted to see if there was a way to run the ICA throughout the day/night like a normal chiller so to speak.

Right now I am thinking about keeping the one fan on 24/7 and the ICA set on every other hour.

Lookin' good!

Put up some more pics once everyone cheers up!

Oh, and come on, you know we really HAVE to have a FTS!!!!

FTS!!!! FTS!!! We really, really need an FTS!!!

Needreefunds
Well I have mine set up so that the fans come on with the actinics which are set at 3hrs before/after the MH and the ICA comes one 15mins before/after the MH but I wanted to see if there was a way to run the ICA throughout the day/night like a normal chiller so to speak.

Right now I am thinking about keeping the one fan on 24/7 and the ICA set on every other hour.

I also thought of running them 24/7 and just let the chiller and heater fight it out if need be, but we'll see.

How has that been working for you? Or is this a new addition for you too?

Lookin' good!

Put up some more pics once everyone cheers up!

Oh, and come on, you know we really HAVE to have a FTS!!!!

FTS!!!! FTS!!! We really, really need an FTS!!!

Thanks Weetie!!

Paybacks are a biatch huh?? :P

OK, just 4 U....

100_4685.jpg

U didn't say what tank, but this ones full

:haha:

I also thought of running them 24/7 and just let the chiller and heather fight it out if need be, but we'll see.

How has that been working for you? Or is this a new addition for you too?

Thanks Weetie!!

Paybacks are a biatch huh?? :P

OK, just 4 U....

100_4685.jpg

U didn't say what tank, but this ones full

:haha:

Hee hee, I couldn't resist! :P

I really will try to do a FTS for you soon!

Archived