inTank Media Baskets

picOcean

owlbassboy

owlbassboy

Well I got my pico yesterday so filled it and scaped with some dry rock...... I hate scaping!

The builder forgot to send me a light but I'll order up my 10w 20000k led very soon :)

Planning few sps, sea squirt, clam then some zoas and mushies round the base and maybe an acan or two in there for luck

62cd57c7.jpg

August 2012 FTS

DD96523A-EDCE-4581-B62D-7F3EC87970D3-4553-0000067B0661C077.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
owlbassboy

I could up it to a 20w chip but I think it may be too much. I can move the clam to my 24g sps zeocube if it isn't doing well.

The display is 8x8x10 with a 2" section for the chambers at the back

owlbassboy

I'm thinking about sticking with the bare bottom, I'll start with bare bottom anyway as its easier to add sand than to remove it.

owlbassboy

It's only for trying to keep as little trapped detritus in the tank as physically possible. One piece scape so I can easily do a full strip down of the tank for cleaning if needed.

I may cover the base with zoas or gsp or something similar

a gsp floor would look awesome! I have always wanted to have a gsp bottom or back wall. If you dont do sand definitely do gsp!

owlbassboy

As I've had success in my nano with zeovit I'm seriously considering giving it a go in here.

• 2 months later...
owlbassboy

teasing update.....

14ad4b9a.jpg

there will be more on this light later on nanoreefblog ;) you can also see the mame skimmer.

also have 2 of these little guys (Trimma annosum)

16e5d93e.jpg

KeyboardWarrior

I'm gonna tell the others what your plans are ste :P only joking your secrets safe with me ;) can't wait for this tank to get up and running I'd definatly go zoa floor over GSP if your going bare bottom

owlbassboy

after having the light on a few days im going to add sand, really not a bare bottom fan even if it is more practical for cleaning

KeyboardWarrior
after having the light on a few days im going to add sand, really not a bare bottom fan even if it is more practical for cleaning

Glad you've decided to go with sand mate I'm not a massive fan of bare bottom tanks either

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a pic update, still no sand and suffering from a bit of cyano also lost a few corals but my grandfather passed away so I was a bit too busy this past week for maintenance. Hopefully get it on track again soon :)

26ac11e1.jpg

5f1bd9ce.jpg

2589557a.jpg

27a901dd.jpg

Just snapped on my phone so hope they look ok on bigger screen :)

Question, where did you get your lights? I have been searching the net and can't find a place to buy, they have a pretty cool product lineup and it might be cheap to do a build around them.

Zetlight sent the light direct to me, try contacting them or there may be someone on eBay selling them but not sure what models they sell.

looks much different now :) we have sand

from the right

7c9bc614.jpg

b17ea464.jpg

58dc80d7.jpg

7cf62a46.jpg

ive also added a little bit of purple rimmed monti from the nano to see if it does as well as the red monti :)

Here's a video of one of my trimma annosum

Cool -- I love trimma gobies -- mine is a canna. Disappeared for six days, then showed up again today -- I've had if for several months and that's the first time this has happened!

Archived