Pod Your Reef

Clowny's 29 reef is not that dirty!

clownfish1124

clownfish1124

well finally here are some pictures of my 29 fowlr! it has been setup since january, so about 9 months old! here are the pictures! sorry for the bad phone pics and cloudiness, just re-did the aquascape:

Aquascape:

rocscape.jpg

Left Side:

left-1.jpg

Right Side:

right.jpg

FTS:

fts.jpg

i drew this last week, what i want it to look like:

29reef4.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait Clowny. Hope the Sundial works out for ya. Drs. told me I can use one of the "wrong" T5 fixtures they sent me until I get my SLR edition. I'll tell ya that it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Puts out a lot of light.

clownfish1124
Cool beans, what are your stocking plans?

thanks lani! i should have mentioned that... i already have all of my fish:

• 2 ocellaris clownfish
  • 1 blue damsel
  • 1 yellowtail blue damsel
  • 1 pink/ yellow chromis

and then for corals, i already have:

• 1 finger leather
  • 1 toadstool leather
  • 1 purple/green mushroom
  • 1 yellow colony polyps
  • 1 zoa rock
  • 1 5 headed hammer

and i need to buy:

• 1 pink monti
  • 1 green monti
  • 1 blue cup coral
  • 1 white long tentacle plate

Can't wait Clowny. Hope the Sundial works out for ya. Drs. told me I can use one of the "wrong" T5 fixtures they sent me until I get my SLR edition. I'll tell ya that it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Puts out a lot of light.

thanks! i should be finally getting my sundial in this week!

Stay tuned, and my fish are loving the new 'scape!

Yay!! New tank!

I really want to set up a new tank. And later on if you get that pink monti and want to trade r sell some frags I'm always available :P

Stocking looks great and can't wait to see it in full swing.

clownfish1124

thanks lizzie! im gonna do the transfer this sunday, provided my light comes in, and then lfs in two weeks if possible. i hope to buy:

• one of the two montis
  • long tentacle plate or cup coral
  • blue cloves or a nice ric/ mushroom

maybe in a few months i'll take your offer when the monti starts to grow...

clownfish1124

hey guys and gals! I got a quick question for you:

What would you reccomend, blue cloves or blue-green pipe organ? Also, which costs less? Thanks!

clownfish1124

me too, i want blue cloves sooooooo bad, but pipe organs look the same. a small update on the tank, i added a small 90 gph power filter to suppliment my 30 topfin (150 gph). i might add another, which is clear to use as a refugium. do you think the macro will grow with light from the tank, since it is clear? thanks!

also, i don't think 330 gph (11x turnover per hour) will that suffice for sps? if not, i will add another powerhead, which is about 126 gph, making turnover 456, about 16x turnover. is that enough for montis? thanks everyone!

clownfish1124

cool, thanks chazde3! Then I will add another powerhead or sumthin.

Dang, kraylen came to mess up my thread...

Just kidding :P

The 5 fish have all been together for about 6 months so I think they're fine. Also my new rockwork has lots of hiding places!

Thanks everyone (even kraylen) for the help

clownfish1124

well, it's actually tank number 6! and i still have 4 more to fill up with rox and cool corals!

here's a long list:

• 1 ten gallon prison for my mean white cichlid
  • 1 29 gallon fresh water parrot community
  • 1 29 gallon red Jack Dempsey tank, just has two fish!
  • 1 25 gallon cube BLUE Jack Dempsey tank, once again a mated pair
  • 1 6.6 gallon pico reef, soon to be frag tank
  • 1 this tank :P
  • 1 empty 65 gallon hex
  • 1 empty 20 gallon hex
  • 1 empty 36 gallon bowfront
  • 1 empty 58 gallon oceanic

that's all for a LONG time!

Thanks debbeach! the fish were a little scared on the first day but they now love swimming through the caves/ passages. the two damsels are very terretorial about their cave (farthest left) and so are the clowns (center). the chromis is a nomad, but hopefully she will like the new cave im gonna build with the rocks from my pico!

clownfish1124

a little update on the light: seller is shipping it tomorrow afternoon, so it should be here in 1-6 business days later. coming from Oregon, probably around 4 days! so it will probably be here on Monday or Tuesday if i am lucky!

i guess the move will be postponed until next weekend... but like i said before, i do not want to rush it at all!

clownfish1124

just checked ups tracking, they say it will be here on wednesday... once again, just need it by friday! that doesn't mean it should come in on friday...

:knock on wood:

Archived