ReefCleaners.org

RJ's 24G Aquapod

hoganrj

Hi All. I am new to the site. Wow glad I stumbled upon it. I started a 24g Aquapod on Dec. 26th. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures at the time. But I set up the tripod last night and started clicking away. Pics to come. Up untill today I only had a Kenya Tree coral and some Blue mushrooms, then tonight on my way home I stoped by the LFS to get some instant ocean, and of course I started looking and talking. Picked up a nice Zoa frag, featherduster, green starburst polyp's and a small xenia. Here are a couple from last night before the new additions. Anybody else on Long Island?

post-34338-1202444943_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1202444963_thumb.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Everything I added the opther night is doing well. My Xenia is pulsing, All of the starbursts have come out, they took the logest, made me a little nervous, and the Zoas made themselves right at home. Pics should be up tomorrow. In the next week or so I am thinking of getting a Hammer or a torch. I also want a candy cane. Any advice on these is appreciated. One thing I noticed is I am getting a thick covering of a red algea on one of my peices of live rock, it gets air bubble under it. Anybody ever run into this?

OK, So after doing some research It appears that the red algea is Cuano....Great. Does anyone have a good remedy for this? Let me know.

I've had problems with it in the past, just suck it all off the sand and do a big water change. I also kept only the acintic light on for a few days because it doesn't encourage algae growth but will still keep the corals alive.

Nick,

Thanks for the advice. I left the main lights off since the other day, just ran the acitinic. Then did a big water change and continued with acitinic only. So far so good! My new additions have adjusted well. I hope to post some new pics in the next day or so.

New FTS update!!! Everyone is doing well and happy.... Next step...Candy Cane, more Zoa's, and a Torch/Hammer/Frogspawn....Not sure which one of the last group though. Any comments, questions, suggestions appreciated. BTW Brennan...Moved the heater ;) Thanx

post-34338-1202958757_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1202958770_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1202958780_thumb.jpg

This was a gift to me by my Mother for Christmas. It is alos my first saltwater tank let alone nano reef. The set up was completely easy. I did add the Korillia 1 and a protien skimmer. Other than that all stock. ia m going to replace the stock return pump with a MJ900 soon though. ......And on my weekly visit to the LFS I picked up a nice Green Hammer Frag! which is doing very well so far. I did however have a heart attack this afternoon. Icame home to find my xenia face down in the sand after one of my tubos knoked him off the ledge he was on. I turned him over right away and it looks like we will have a fast recovery. I guess that is why it is better to glue down your frags. Live and learn.....

• 3 weeks later...
New FTS update!!! Everyone is doing well and happy.... Next step...Candy Cane, more Zoa's, and a Torch/Hammer/Frogspawn....Not sure which one of the last group though. Any comments, questions, suggestions appreciated. BTW Brennan...Moved the heater ;) Thanx

I'm new with this. A couple of questions.

1. What is the little white box in the upper left hand corner of your tank, and its uses?

2. The Koralia 1 - did you use the magnet on the inside of the chamber to attach?

Thanks!

The white box is a Mag float, used to clean the glass. And yes the Magnet is on the inside of the back chamber. I do have one warning for you........This hoby is addictive. I started my Tank shortly after Christmas. I go to the LFS every week at least once. And always come home with something....But it is so much fun. :D

I'm new with this. A couple of questions.

1. What is the little white box in the upper left hand corner of your tank, and its uses?

2. The Koralia 1 - did you use the magnet on the inside of the chamber to attach?

Thanks!

I think your looking at the magnet algae scraper.

WOW, we posted at the same time. I go to my LFS usually 3 times a week!!!!!

I have a frogspawn in my 24 and a small torch in my 3 gallon. I like Frogspawn and Hammer the best though. They have the best color. That's all your choice though.

I have to do an updated Pic. Since then I have added a bunch more zoas from Alti's reef....(awesome transaction) also got a Hammer, Big Candy Cane, 1 Ocelaris Clown, A new cleaner shrimp, and a Toadstool leather frag!

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted some new pictures. As you can see I have added quite a vit in the past few weeks. I got a bunch of frags from Alti's reef and they are taking. What you can't see in my additions is a new Yellow Watchmen Goby. He is still a bit camera shy! :D

post-34338-1205102057_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1205102064_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1205102079_thumb.jpg

Nick's Reef

It's been a while since i looked at your tank and i have to say it looks great! Glad i helpped with the cyano problem. :D

Archived