SaltCritters.com

NanoBox New Product Teaser : One Year Full Time!

DaveFason

One of the hardest aspects of being a one man show is innovating new products. Things have been crazy around here but I have been thinking about this idea for months. After talking with fellow reefers, industry professionals and just reading countless forums I knew what I needed to do.

The complaint you hear most about LEDs is shadowing. This has been an issue with LEDs and wide tanks. The industry has been moving towards wide tanks and the popularity has been huge. I do not think anyone will go wider than 24" I do think this trend is here to stay. Lighting a wide tank like this with a single row of LEDs is near impossible. However creating a dual row unit would solve the issue. After brainstorming with my machinist the new unit was born. I wanted to keep the exact same look but create something for wide and large tanks.

Overview :

• 12" x 8" x .75"
  • Dual row V3 arrays
  • Four Channel Dimming
  • Legs, Gooseneck and hanging kit
  • Linkable System to 36"
  • Wireless Control per Bluefish
  • HLG Power Supply
  • Interchangeable Lid System

Prototype Unit : Please note a few dings and dents.

Top View :

25819102766_62c4b38997_c.jpgquadw by David Fason, on Flickr

Bottom View : All wiring will be hidden

25214622114_11c29cfbb8_c.jpgquadwbottom by David Fason, on Flickr

Linkable mounting holes :

25724198082_08bb468057_c.jpgquadwconnect by David Fason, on Flickr

Side View :

25845113015_f271b90d1a_c.jpgquadwside by David Fason, on Flickr

25750027661_5bc302309d_c.jpgquadwfront by David Fason, on Flickr

I am looking to release this June 1st! More to come and please let me know your thoughts.

-Dave

One of the hardest aspects of being a one man show is innovating new products. Things have been crazy around here but I have been thinking about this idea for months. After talking with fellow reefers, industry professionals and just reading countless forums I knew what I needed to do.

The complaint you hear most about LEDs is shadowing. This has been an issue with LEDs and wide tanks. The industry has been moving towards wide tanks and the popularity has been huge. I do not think anyone will go wider than 24" I do think this trend is here to stay. Lighting a wide tank like this with a single row of LEDs is near impossible. However creating a dual row unit would solve the issue. After brainstorming with my machinist the new unit was born. I wanted to keep the exact same look but create something for wide and large tanks.

Overview :

• 12" x 8" x .75"
  • Dual row V3 arrays
  • Four Channel Dimming
  • Legs, Gooseneck and hanging kit
  • Linkable System to 36"
  • Wireless Control per Bluefish
  • HLG Power Supply
  • Interchangeable Lid System
Prototype Unit : Please note a few dings and dents.

Top View :

25819102766_62c4b38997_c.jpgquadw by David Fason, on Flickr

Bottom View : All wiring will be hidden

25214622114_11c29cfbb8_c.jpgquadwbottom by David Fason, on Flickr

Linkable mounting holes :

25724198082_08bb468057_c.jpgquadwconnect by David Fason, on Flickr

Side View :

25845113015_f271b90d1a_c.jpgquadwside by David Fason, on Flickr

25750027661_5bc302309d_c.jpgquadwfront by David Fason, on Flickr

I am looking to release this June 1st! More to come and please let me know your thoughts.

-Dave

I'll test drive one over my lagoon 25 :wub:
Needreefunds

Nice job Dave! Congrats on the one year mark. May there be many more successful years ahead. Keep on doing what you do!

Oh snaps! That's what I'm talking about! Will this also be able to be used with Apex if the user wanted?How would this do on my 30x20x16?

jedimasterben

Oh snaps! That's what I'm talking about! Will this also be able to be used with Apex if the user wanted?How would this do on my 30x20x16?

I used a 16" LED panel on my 36" 40 breeder and it did a decent job, but it wasnt the end all be all for coverage. If you're OK with that, then something like this will definitely work.

This will also blend a lot better lol

Oh man that's gorgeous. I know it's early, but will plus and plus M options also be available (or at least moonlighting) moonlight options be available? If you order multiple units in one order, will it be possible to have it so it's just the one Bluefish controller? Will there be options to order an extension unit later on that can plug into the original bluefish that came with the first one (assuming that a single controller can handle multiple modules)?

Absolutely love the fact there's a gooseneck mount available, because as nice as the hybrid is the idea of going pure LED just has so much more appeal (especially since there aren't any bulbs to change).

Thank you. I would say any of the new Red Sea, Innovative Marine, Deep Blue, Cad, etc.

Looks great Dave!! Love the idea and the compact size!! What kind of industry tanks would you see this working for?

Thanks and yours too. The new corals are looking extra sexy.

Awesome!!! Always love seeing your progress.

It will be Bluefish or APEX. Your going to be pushing the length wise but width no problem.

Moonlight, yes. One controller, yes. Yes on the later add on ( kit ). The multiple mounts help big time. Thanks!

Oh man that's gorgeous. I know it's early, but will plus and plus M options also be available (or at least moonlighting) moonlight options be available? If you order multiple units in one order, will it be possible to have it so it's just the one Bluefish controller? Will there be options to order an extension unit later on that can plug into the original bluefish that came with the first one (assuming that a single controller can handle multiple modules)?

Absolutely love the fact there's a gooseneck mount available, because as nice as the hybrid is the idea of going pure LED just has so much more appeal (especially since there aren't any bulbs to change).

JavaJacketOC

That looks great. I've been looking into new options for my CAD Lights Versa 70, 24" front to back is hard to get good coverage on.

I think I would need to run 2 of these with the 12" front to back and just center them over each half of the tank. How are you planning the exit wiring?

tanacharison

Your products continue to become more and more aesthetically pleasing. I feel like your polished designs are passing up everyone else. Keep it up!

Your products continue to become more and more aesthetically pleasing. I feel like your polished designs are passing up everyone else. Keep it up!

Now just make that top flush and boom. Super slick.

Archived