Cultivated Reef

NanoBox New Product Teaser : One Year Full Time!

DaveFason

I think the hardest part (after saving up the cash, obviously) will be figuring out which natural top I want for the unit...

I think the hardest part (after saving up the cash, obviously) will be figuring out which natural top I want for the unit...

Save up a little extra and get a couple choices. switch them out.

Dang Dave, that looks awesome. Had you had this 9 months ago I would have ordered one over doing a DIY. Will you be offering a fixture with two rows of 3 arrays in the future? Or sticking with linkable fixtures?

You would need two of these. Exit wiring will be in the back like the current units.

That looks great. I've been looking into new options for my CAD Lights Versa 70, 24" front to back is hard to get good coverage on.

I think I would need to run 2 of these with the 12" front to back and just center them over each half of the tank. How are you planning the exit wiring?

Thank you so much. That is one of my goals for every unit.

Your products continue to become more and more aesthetically pleasing. I feel like your polished designs are passing up everyone else. Keep it up!

They will be. The Nature series I have to use a thicker wood/veneer but the metal/acrylic lids are flush like the current units. Thanks!

Now just make that top flush and boom. Super slick.

~795-$850 is my goal. Most people do not understand the work that goes into a large unit like this. The machine time is nuts but looks incredible.

Looking good! Price estimate?

No dice on the six arrays. Link them up!

Dang Dave, that looks awesome. Had you had this 9 months ago I would have ordered one over doing a DIY. Will you be offering a fixture with two rows of 3 arrays in the future? Or sticking with linkable fixtures?

If you are a T5 junky these units will really appeal to you. I am also going to offer a diffuser material for some that want less shimmer and more blending.

Love the response so far!

-Dave

No dice on the six arrays. Link them up!

On the 6 arrays, is that because it would require more voltage than a normal 48V PSU could supply? These really look amazing, great job on them. :)

On the 6 arrays, is that because it would require more voltage than a normal 48V PSU could supply? These really look amazing, great job on them. :)

I'm using 6 arrays on a single HLG PSU but I am required to run 2 channels of white and 2 channels of blue as to not overload the drivers. I'm guessing this is part of the reason behind Dave not going down this route. A new controller/driver board would be required and it would probably impact the end user experience in terms of ease of use.

jedimasterben

No, that would simply need more drivers, which is easy, likely it is limited by the size, the amount of time to CNC these out is incredible, bigger gets even more, and cost would rise pretty well too.

Machining this is a nightmare. As well adding a few extra drivers is a bit. Maybe something in the future but 18" units are not the most popular item. Who knows!

I'm using 6 arrays on a single HLG PSU but I am required to run 2 channels of white and 2 channels of blue as to not overload the drivers. I'm guessing this is part of the reason behind Dave not going down this route. A new controller/driver board would be required and it would probably impact the end user experience in terms of ease of use.

Sk8n Reefer

This looks like a great unit Dave, at first I thought "where's the T5's" but I see this as a stand alone LED unit and the compact size is appealing. Gotta say though- my hybrid is kicking *ss love the T5 bonus ?

By the time I'm able to get the 25 lagoon you should have this thing up and selling like hotcakes. I'll be in the market for a hotcake at that time... I hate you. This hobby is terrible.

Dave, would this be overkill on my 25 lagoon or would it be ideal? Im saving for a duo right now.

I am putting one over mine ;)

In all honesty the Duo will be plenty for 99% of people. However if you are wanting to jam pack the tank with SPS this new guy will be perfect!

They will be. The Nature series I have to use a thicker wood/veneer but the metal/acrylic lids are flush like the current units. Thanks!

-Dave

I was just feeling around the lid of my tide, and, yeah I had to stand up to see where the edge was because its pretty flush.

I like the nature series. I should get more of the Seeker lids made - Skywarp, Thundercracker and my own - Sunstar. ALthough admittedly, the colour of the lamp body would not work with the other "wings"

Archived