ReefCleaners.org

Bobomb Nano Bow - Things have changed

Adam_Bobomb

Looks good, I take it you know anything that bothered you about the old system and made changes to the new one? Anything in particular?

The AC70 Fuge

Tank cover - lost my yasha carpet surfing.

A controller!!!

If knowing what you are doing with reefs goes 1-10, 10 being knowing everything (not possible).

My first tank I went from a 1 to a 2.

With this tank I'm going from a 2 to .... maybe a 4. hopefully. It's not so much about my starting point (that helps as well) but it's more about how you handle issues and with more knowledge comes quicker action. Yet there is still so much to understand and learn from this hobby.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was at TAP plastics, they informed me that no matter what thickness of acrylic I went with, they would all sag under their own weight eventually.

I purchased these little 1/2"x1/2" squares to use as feet. I put them on both sides and in the back, but not in the front. Of course it sags in the front already.

I'm actually going to HD now to get a small aluminum "L" channel to reinforce the center span of my cover. It's been sitting on the tank upside down for the past few days to straighten out so now i can try to fix the sag.

My scape is pretty much complete. I think I will just accept the PA shipment when it gets in tomorrow and use what I can to seed the tank and get the cycle moving. I don't really feel like making another purchase and waiting more.

I'll still take pics and most likely a video of opening the package and of the rocks just for insurance sake if I decide to dispute further with PA.

Amazing DIY skillz!!! I wish I can do the same thing.

Too bad its only a 13.3 Gallon tank. It would been more awesome to fill that whole space above the fire place :lol:

Thanks guys.

I just got the PA rocks in and they are so cold. The heat pack is frozen.

:(

I'm sure there is still something alive on them and will drop them in a hot bath of saltwater when I get home.

I also got my office tank from CADLights.... but that's another build thread that will be coming. :)

Sorry guys. Had surgery on my shoulder yesterday so I've been very limited in everything.

I got my live rock from PA and it was almost frozen. Found a bunch of dead hitchhikers. PA was amazing and have a full refund. The rock itself is amazing, just would have been better to have it actually alive.

I put a couple gross chunks in my tank to get her cycle going. I'll test levels this weekend.

Still gathering items for this tank and still not able to do much work on it.

Side Note - Recovery is going much better than expected. took out the nerve block after two days and haven't touch a pain pill in almost 48 hours. It's more about giving my shoulder and tendons time to heal at this point.

Question: Probes and heater in the AC70 fuge? bad idea? is it a water flow issue?

Ammonia is rising since a test I did about a week ago. It's not going fast and I don't really mind. I'd like to get something in thee soon to look at. Dry rock is boring.

Water Test 2/1/14

k3e4ksql.jpg

Getting some ideas for a tank theme...

zhfCwArl.jpg

Own these books!!

AdOpCeel.jpg

I was looking at that book (series? vol 1,2,&3?) WAAAY pricey... I was thinking about getting it until I saw the price tag on amazon.

They were one of my first purchases getting into the hobby almost 10 years ago. Worth it.

-edit: just checked amazon... I don't think I paid that much for them...

where is the live rock photo updates?

Sorry about that.

Here are a few pics and a video.

As I said before, the rock is great itself albeit sans hitchhikers or any other life form kinda killed the point of ordering what I did.

I broke off a couple of the nastier chunks and put them in my main tank. I've got all the rest and some pukani dry rock sitting under cfl 24/7 seeing what I can get out of it.

To0AeQ5l.jpg cizLYPFl.jpg bYpOoiol.jpg vt9naNxl.jpg F674tKgl.jpg

Archived