ReefCleaners.org

Bobomb Nano Bow - Things have changed

Adam_Bobomb

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh and I picked up a black MP10 shield and it was rough cut without polished edges (totally okay). I'm wet sanding it smooth and then I'll polish it a bit with the dremel.

Just the start.

tHIlizil.jpg
jvmf60ol.jpg

2/16/14 Water Test

Looks like I'll be ordering my CUC this week. Lots of algae in the tank. Might black out the tank for a day or two. before the CUC get here.

TjkctXe.png

Thank you all for the comments and following along.

Stocking Update

Fish -

I've made the choice to go the angler route. I'm pretty sure a wartskin is going to be the only viable choice for a tank my size.

Also, I plan to keep ghost shrimp so that he may have some nice live meals, I haven't thought much about how I plan to care for the shrimp but I don't think it'll be much more than a QT type tank. I may even let a few run around the tank, give the fat boy a work out for his food.

SPS -

I'm going full monti!

I love plating corals. The digita and setosa will provide enough variety so I won't need any acro's to break up the plating corals.

The colors range enough to were I can keep it attractive and eye catching.

LPS -

I think i'll be doing frogspawn and hammer variations.

I would love to do something like a chalice for ground cover instead of z&p's but I don't think the Kessil 150 will be enough(thoughts).

Softies -

I really don't want z&p's or shrooms for ground cover. I think it's over done and can get really pricey if you get into the rare's.

What I'm thinking it using the Clavularia & Sympodium family of corals or similar.

Inverts -

CUC of course, I don't think I'll be able to keep any shrimp because of the angler but any thoughts on others?

I'd like to hear ideas for a ground cover coral. also, let me know if you see any issues with my current train of thought.

Stocking Update

Fish -

I've made the choice to go the angler route. I'm pretty sure a wartskin is going to be the only viable choice for a tank my size.

Also, I plan to keep ghost shrimp so that he may have some nice live meals, I haven't thought much about how I plan to care for the shrimp but I don't think it'll be much more than a QT type tank. I may even let a few run around the tank, give the fat boy a work out for his food.

SPS -

I'm going full monti!

I love plating corals. The digita and setosa will provide enough variety so I won't need any acro's to break up the plating corals.

The colors range enough to were I can keep it attractive and eye catching.

LPS -

I think i'll be doing frogspawn and hammer variations.

I would love to do something like a chalice for ground cover instead of z&p's but I don't think the Kessil 150 will be enough(thoughts).

Softies -

I really don't want z&p's or shrooms for ground cover. I think it's over done and can get really pricey if you get into the rare's.

What I'm thinking it using the Clavularia & Sympodium family of corals or similar.

Inverts -

CUC of course, I don't think I'll be able to keep any shrimp because of the angler but any thoughts on others?

I'd like to hear ideas for a ground cover coral. also, let me know if you see any issues with my current train of thought.

Some chalices like pretty low light levels. I was not aware most will be very happy growing across sand until one of my chalice frags ... mummy eye might be the name, came off the frag plug and sat in the sand a few weeks. It's spreading out on the sand now and I'm not sure I want to move it. It's in my bowfront tank so no good closeup images.

Made an ATO reservoir it's between 7 and 8 gallons. fits perfectly behind my display. looking for a pump to run and a good float system. any thoughts?

Used a tinted acrylic honestly cost me about $2 from scrap cuts at TAP plastics. I love that place lol.

bYl1rX2l.jpg

k9NDjo9l.jpg
eyCQdwxl.jpg
xDwQCYGl.jpg
FFqSGyNl.jpg

Archived