ReefCleaners.org

Favorite Public Aquarium?

Blubbernaut

Blubbernaut

So, as is asked in the title, which is your favorite public aquarium (outside your house)? Mine would have to be the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I just love how authentic the environments in their tanks look.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ripley's in Gatlinburg was awesome. Fed the sting rays.. behind the scenes tour.. they don't like it when you call their foam fractioners protein skimmers. Lol.. cool tour though. They were breeding seahorses when we were there. .

mandarin_goby

The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago (the Amazon biotopes are incredible) and the Baltimore aquarium at the inner harbor (love the rainforest at the very top) are my favorites - definitely must-sees for any fish lover.

I was floored to see an aquarium when I visited the Mall of America...you seriously forgot you were in a MALL of all places...it was amazing!

The Georgia Aquarium is awesome. One of the biggest tanks in the world, and you can go swimming with whale sharks,

I agree with u on this one 10000000%

Loved the Georgia aquarium. My wife, son, and I spent 2 hours just looking at the huge display with the Whale Sharks!

Blubbernaut

California Academy of Sciences, Monterey Bay Aquarium. The QT at the academy was awesome B)

The Academy was pretty stunning too. I really liked the rainforest section.

Moody Gardens in Galveston has some pretty impressive non-tropical tanks, but the Houston Zoo has a nice large Pacific-themed bowfront that I could watch for hours.

I have to find some other pics of the others I like, but here's one of them I visited last year. The Osaka Aquarium. All photos taken by yours truly :)

2jbeki.jpg

280qk48.jpg

m9xgtj.jpg

qxrprr.jpg

rqvf2p.jpg

21owtfl.jpg

The Waikiki Aquarium... the biggest captive tridacna is in their tank and not to mention their outdoor natural lit clam tank!

Born and raised in Chicago and the Shedd Aquarium is amazing. Been to Sea World in Orlando, Baltimore aquarium, Tennessee Aquarium, San Diego Aquarium.....I'm military so I move around and always hit up every aquarium wherever I am and I can't say a favorite, they all have so many things that I love!

Lifetime goal is getting a house that has a pool and converting it into my own personal reef!!!

Chicago Shedd Aquarium sounds nice. :)

Here's a few photos from the Aquariums display at Vancouver International Airport. it's 30,115 Gallons and all the creatures are native to British Columbia :) Sorry I don't have more pics, but I was just there for a stopover and didn't have much time.

2vmamq8.jpg

f8j60.jpg

I love Monterrey Bay Aquarium and the Baltimore aquarium. I haven't been to the Shedd yet and I am hoping to get to the Goergia Aquarium someday.

eddiecorrea

Georgia Aquarium is amazing. Spent all day there.

My favorite might be Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in Nassau Bahamas. That was stunning seeing the massive Ray swimming around and all the other creatures. Not as diverse as the Georgia Aquarium but amazing.

Seattle Aquarium SUCKS.

eddiecorrea

+1. I also wanna go to GA Aquarium, but I'm pretty sure that's in everybody's bucket list.

You live in Seattle? Orrrrr? haha

Archived