inTank Media Baskets

Roger's 50G Frag Tank

TheKleinReef

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said a couple radion pros.... Mis was less than that. Just saying. Either way I like the 10ks lol.i dunno why

TheKleinReef

You said a couple radion pros.... Mis was less than that. Just saying. Either way I like the 10ks lol.i dunno why

i meant your fixture itself is insane. not the price. >_< but since i added the ai nano in the middle. it kinda looks okay. still might switch to a phoenix.

i meant your fixture itself is insane. not the price. >_< but since i added the ai nano in the middle. it kinda looks okay. still might switch to a phoenix.

since it is a grow tank why not do 10k on one Hall for growth so you can get sps to table out than move stuff fo the other sjde under 14k Phoenix to color up and get vertical growth to frag out or to prep to go into a display?

Haha and thanks man.

TheKleinReef

since it is a grow tank why not do 10k on one Hall for growth so you can get sps to table out than move stuff fo the other sjde under 14k Phoenix to color up and get vertical growth to frag out or to prep to go into a display? Haha and thanks man.

I was thinking about doing that actually. Maybe for my next bulb order I'll do that. Thanks for the tip. :D

Well, under predominantly blue light, the same growth rate (or higher) overall will be achieved.

I was suggesting horizontal growth to attain more surface area then promote vertical growth. For more stalks on sps to frag out

Im assuming we're only talking 150's here.... if thats the case I highly doubt that running 10k's is going to effect growth patterns. 150's are pretty weak regardless of kelvin. I've used basically every 150w mh bulb on the market at one point or another, I would recommend a phoenix 14k. Its a decent bulb at a low price. Good for color and growth.

TheKleinReef

Im assuming we're only talking 150's here.... if thats the case I highly doubt that running 10k's is going to effect growth patterns. 150's are pretty weak regardless of kelvin. I've used basically every 150w mh bulb on the market at one point or another, I would recommend a phoenix 14k. Its a decent bulb at a low price. Good for color and growth.

fixture is 2x250W

Little-ish update.

i mounted the ai nano in the middle of the 2 halides. granted, it probably won't do much, but i can already tell the greens/oranges in the frag tank fluoresce a tad more. its only a temporary solution. i'll probably end up switching to 14K halides.

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/E53E6639-526D-4C57-B24E-B172D49D6F80-32649-0000087A0B5B1265.jpg.html'>E53E6639-526D-4C57-B24E-B172D49D6F80-326

but i did get the skimmer today. reef dynamics INS 80. rated for 250g. i like it so far nice and quiet, and easy to adjust

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/0AC52A2B-C0EF-4558-B28B-8479CF0DF6A7-32649-0000087A115DB64A.jpg.html'>0AC52A2B-C0EF-4558-B28B-8479CF0DF6A7-326

all set up:

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/120FA751-3858-45A4-93FE-FF7BF3669DBF-32649-0000087A1663C301.jpg.html'>120FA751-3858-45A4-93FE-FF7BF3669DBF-326

full system, messy wires and all...

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/99E9AD58-3F86-4885-8A0D-C64F6F7B1B90-32649-0000087A1C800E87.jpg.html'>99E9AD58-3F86-4885-8A0D-C64F6F7B1B90-326

fixture is 2x250W
Sweet! Mogul or de? If mogul go with radiums, best bulb for reef tanks imo. If de, phoenix, for the same reasons listed above.

There's really no need for 10k's since your tank is so shallow. You would still get plenty of par with a higher kelvin.

TheKleinReef

Sweet! Mogul or de? If mogul go with radiums, best bulb for reef tanks imo. If de, phoenix, for the same reasons listed above.

they're double ended... but they're brand new, so i'm gonna wait until i have to switch so i didn't waste $150

yes you should. i wanna see!

Maybe tomorrow, had a rough night last night and my head hurts lol. It's pretty crazy, 7'x3.5'x14" complete with a carlson surge device (which is badass!). Fortunately I have a very cool wife that let me completely take over the spare bedroom in our house so that I can grow coral :).

TheKleinReef

Looking mighty good in der Mr. Klein!!! Nice job on the bracing!

thank you!

looks better than this right?

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/IMG_2146.jpg.html'>IMG_2146.jpg

Maybe tomorrow, had a rough night last night and my head hurts lol. It's pretty crazy, 7'x3.5'x14" complete with a carlson surge device (which is badass!). Fortunately I have a very cool wife that let me completely take over the spare bedroom in our house so that I can grow coral :).

that's what my parents let me do... i just gotta pay them back. hah hopefully this summer i can start selling some stuff.

TheKleinReef

Did you do the bracing with the water in there???

haha no, that was my temporary brace. i drained the tank until it stopped bowing, clamped the braces in, then i cemented it. very carefully.

TheKleinReef

Damn those LED's for making picture taking a hassle! I know what those zoas must look like in person, i have the same problem when trying to photograph under LED's.

The best solution ive found is to adjust the white balance on the camera, then adjust later as well...not ideal but its better than nothing.

TheKleinReef

Damn those LED's for making picture taking a hassle! I know what those zoas must look like in person, i have the same problem when trying to photograph under LED's.

The best solution ive found is to adjust the white balance on the camera, then adjust later as well...not ideal but its better than nothing.

Nah I did it on purpose. :P just wanted to capture the POP. Haha

Archived