Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefba - The Roomba for your Reef. For real!

Deleted User 6

Deleted User 6

I've heard about development on this model! Supposedly you drop it in your tank and it automatically cleans the glass and sand. It's like a robotic snail that doesn't poop or die! I'm having issues finding good, credible links though. Anyone else seen this?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought my son a car that drives on the walls for Christmas. They have ones that follow a laser pointer as well. Thinking... how long until he gets bored with it and well it would work underwater?

Someone said something about this that I saw once and now I'm trying to get more info on it is all.

on a super snail, right?

:mellow:

Deleted User 6

Reefba returns to it's charger when the battery is low and uses infra-red laser technology to determine when the glass needs cleaning. It requires zero user input except plugging it in and letting it do its thing.

Reefba returns to it's charger when the battery is low and uses infra-red laser technology to determine when the glass needs cleaning. It requires zero user input except plugging it in and letting it do its thing.

Someone developed such a technology for reefing?!?!!?

:o

I'd call pulling $100 out of my wallet to pay for such a thing "significant user input"! :D

I also heard that if they fall to the bottom of the tank they can't flip themselves over.

Deleted User 6
I also heard that if they fall to the bottom of the tank they can't flip themselves over.

At least they won't die and pollute the tank like an astrea.

Plus, they say second gen will correct that problem with a robotic arm.

At least they won't die and pollute the tank like an astrea.

Plus, they say second gen will correct that problem with a robotic arm.

If they got a motor it's likely got copper windings.....................

Deleted User 6

but the outer shell is strong enough to withstand even the fiercest of mantis blows. so no danger there of the copper contacting the water.

I tried Google but cannot find anything on this.... anyone have a site that shows it or talks any more about it?

what about Bing?

The motor is on the outside of the tank. Its just like using your hand on a mag cleaner. motorized bits on the outside, cleaning bits on the inside.

Can I say fished in?

On a serious note... NASA acutally developed a similar robot to clean the shuttles tiles (they are very effected by humidity. From what I've been told, first time they tried it, it started ripping through the surface.

Deleted User 6
The motor is on the outside of the tank. Its just like using your hand on a mag cleaner. motorized bits on the outside, cleaning bits on the inside.

I knew they were considering this as an initial concept, but I believe that scrapped it in favor of the all inclusive model that can clean the sandbed too.

I knew they were considering this as an initial concept, but I believe that scrapped it in favor of the all inclusive model that can clean the sandbed too.

I think you're talking about the Reefba Pro

Archived