Cultivated Reef

[Custom] Chinchek787

crrichey

Well unfortunatly I am going to have to drop out of the contest.... again. I don't know why I always have such bad luck! Most of the lps died after the sandstorm and the sps weren't doing to hot either. I would have put them in my 29 gallon however I was battling algae so that rock is currently being cooked (for thoughs of u who don't know what "cooking rock" is don't freak out. Its simply putting the rock in a dark bin with frequent water changes in order to remove excess detritus and algae). So all of my lps and sps are in a friend's tank while my remaining softies are in the 10 gallon with a piece of rock along with the goby. I am not a happy camper :(

i have never heard of sand killing corals, unless the sand has settled on your corals for more than 3 days maybe...i don't think your tank was old enough to have a nitrate trap under your sandbed either...something is fishy, don't quit yet!

• 4 weeks later...

It happend overnight so I didn't notice it right away. After cleaning the corals off they didn't look well. I ended up giving most to a friend, so far only a few made it :(

Archived