SaltCritters.com

[Custom] Chinchek787

crrichey

Just a real quick rundown on how my thread will be layed out. All official photos (photos that I wish to count toward contest requirements) will be posted in this post under the appropriate date. All unofficial photos (photos that I do not wish to count toward the requirements of the contest) will be posted in later posts.

I will also have other NR members vote on which pictures I should include under each month.

Aquarium

10 gallon AGA

Lighting

Coralife 150watt HQI hang-on

Skimmer

Skimmerless

Flow

Maxijet 1200 w/Hydor FLO wavemaker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry photo

LakeTahoe0906075-1.jpg

October

October 9th

LakeTahoe0906078.jpg

October 14th

LakeTahoe0906087.jpg

November

December

January

Febuary

March

Final FTS

I think this contest requires a newer sexier avatar!

Good luck everyone :happy:

I modded the prefilter of my remora skimmer to allow more water to flow thru the compartment. Originally water was overflowing the prefilter and dumping bubbles into the aquarium. So far this has really helped with that problem.

LakeTahoe0906076-2.jpg

Alright vote time, which photo should I include in Octobers section?

LakeTahoe0906077.jpg

OR

LakeTahoe0906078.jpg

Right now I am using it to seed some diy baserock that will someday go in my 90 gallon (whenever I get around to finishing it).

i vote for the second photo. also some suggestions, add a background, try to hide the MJ a little bit better, fill the tank with water to the top, and thats a lot of sand. but other than that, it looks good. :D

i like it the way it is... w/ all the sand and stuff

Me too. Not to mention I need the extra sand to make up for the lack of liverock. Also the mangrove needs a pretty deep bed. I think I'm going to go with a damsel as the major fish and maybe a shrimp goby. Any thoughts?

LakeTahoe0906.jpg

This lucky guy will never be used to cycle a system ;) He gets a tank all to himself (well almost, but I don't think he will mind a small goby later on).

Well here they are!

LakeTahoe0906079.jpg

LakeTahoe0906080.jpg

LakeTahoe0906081.jpg

LakeTahoe0906082.jpg

LakeTahoe0906083.jpg

more

LakeTahoe0906084.jpg

These are some zoos that I am holding for a friend. Man will I miss them ;)

LakeTahoe0906085.jpg

LakeTahoe0906086.jpg

Poker_Fish777

i got a huge monti cap at the auctions chin, almost a centerpeice for my 10g frag/holding tank, wish i could get pics up on this site.

looks sweet i vote more mongroves tho

Is my tank really this boring ??? :(

Well almost as boring as mine...j/k

Nice start. I love those zoas. Maybe a frag will 'accidentally' break off before you give it back to your friend. ;)

sweet tank! i kinda like how open it is........ good luck with that damsel. i had one in my 10 gal last year, and he was awesome and beautiful till he strated to use his tail to spray sand EVERYWHERE!!!! my corals didnt like it, so i didnt like him! ;) he was later fed to my mantis...... er i mean, given away to a good home...

loving the corals though!!!

So far he has been a model citizen especially to the rainfords goby I picked up a couple days ago. Don't know why haven't taken a pic of him yet ;)

I bought it at my lfs for $260. The owner gave me a discount as a b-day present (me and him are buds ;) ) as it is normally $299 at store.

OMG the maxijet in my 10 gallon slipped into the sand and sprayed EVERYTHING with sand! Fortunatly my softies are fine however my stonies arn't doing so well. The lps are taking it the hardest (most surface area for sand to settle). Hopfully everthing recovers but if the sps start to take a turn for the worst I will be moving them to another system and sticking to the softies (the very opposite of what I was wanting but what can ya do? )

Well unfortunatly I am going to have to drop out of the contest.... again. I don't know why I always have such bad luck! Most of the lps died after the sandstorm and the sps weren't doing to hot either. I would have put them in my 29 gallon however I was battling algae so that rock is currently being cooked (for thoughs of u who don't know what "cooking rock" is don't freak out. Its simply putting the rock in a dark bin with frequent water changes in order to remove excess detritus and algae). So all of my lps and sps are in a friend's tank while my remaining softies are in the 10 gallon with a piece of rock along with the goby. I am not a happy camper :(

Archived