ReefCleaners.org

[Custom] jeremai

jeremai

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feed each of the Urticinas a half cube of frozen Formula One a couple times a week. The Metridium gets a shot of zooplankton mixed with powdered Cyclo-peeze, and everything else picks at the leftovers. I tried feeding mysis cubes, but they float and the 'nems have trouble holding ont o them once they start breaking up.

That garibaldi is amazing - for a few weeks, till it grows big and starts tossing things around my tank like an oscar. How odd that they would have them. Must have been collected from Baja.

Could be an Urticina, maybe U. eques, hard to tell. Keep feeding it, see how it does. I don't know anything about tropical anemones, so I'm not sure if there are any rarely collected anemones like yours. Did you ask where the shipment originated?

Does the red thing go farther into the rock? If so, it is a cucumber. They're all over the rocks at my grandparents.

I apologise, you were right. I got a positive ID; read here for more info.

Ooooo, I've got something similar to that in one of my NC's,,,,

Shiney tan color, segmented, about 10"long (no, not mt tool, you perv's!), with all kinds of tentecle things around the mouth. Mine is very quick though.

The tentacles around the mouth are what made me think it might be a peanut worm. Awfully big though. I will have to research. Does seem to be missing the "peanut" though?!

I have that exact worm in my seahorse tank. Posted about it on another site and got an ID of peanut worm.

I've seen mine strech about 5 inches and some of it was still in the rock. It mostly just comes out at night and hasn't hurt anything in the tank.

Yeah, this thing has some sort of sucker-type mouth - it was sticking to the glass and I saw it quite clearly. I wouldn't be worried if I knew what it was, but it could be anything considering where the rocks came from; unfortunately a resemblance to a tropical worm species doesn't help me much. :(

Archived