Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

[Custom] kinetic

kinetic

yeah doesn't the tank look so getto?

I was going to drill and put a sump in, but I'm focusing all my funds into my next project. This one will be to purely keep some nice coral and that fish in one tank successfully, regardless of how ugly the surrounding looks, lol =) After the competition is done, I'll have some nice corals, and then I'll empty out the tank and drill it and plumb it with the large tank system =)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm kind of frustrated! I ordered the 70watt elec ballast from Illuming.com, and the payment went through, yet they shipped nothing.

I go through all my spam and find that jorge got a payment, but said no order was put through!?!?!?!? It's been a week, and he just left it at that. not even a phone call!

Geeze. I hope this thing gets shipped overnight, because the whole pay before it's shipped thing with paypal on his site has problems.

That sux, I haven't delt with Illuming.com but that doesn't sound right! My setup is like yours only on roids :D I was having trouble centering my 150watt HQI over my 10 because of my remora but after looking at the tank I didn't notice any difference in spread so whatever. Good luck man.

I've dealt with illuming.com/ Jorge several times and have always had great customer service. I would try to contact him by email at his website if you haven't already.

yeah, I've dealt with him before, cool guy, just some craziness going on with my order =/ I'm sure it'll turn out well. I guess it'll give my tank some more time to mature (even though I"m using 5 year old Live Rock)

I'm investigating on adding a CPR AquaFuge to hide my remora. In fact, if my tunze nano skimmer fits I'm going to switch to that instead.

Then two tunze nano streams when they come out to add about 300x turnover rate in the tank =) Enough? Too much? Who cares =) Let's see what crazy SPS i can keep in that kind of flow.

Good luck keeping your sand a bed! 300X i think your gonna have to go BB,just my opinion.im sure 1 nano tunze would be enough.

yeah I'll probably lose all my sand.

=)

what SPS coral is known to need insane amounts of flow?

sand=a necessity for a winning contest tank :)

for pictures I"ll turn off the powerheads for a couple hours to let the sand settle ;) black tahitian moon sand storm all day for this tank otherwise!!

good news!!!!! I'm getting a custom made hang over the back sump, basically it hangs and sits a tad higher than my tank and drains back in. It will house my tunze nano skimmer, tunze nano filter (carbon/phosban), and heater. I'll stuff some chaeto in there somewhere too for kicks and a little light.

That means my tank interior will be completly free of equipment soon except for a maxijet 900.

The hang on will also allow for my jbj viper to clip onto it as well, so it won't be off center.

I'm going to ask First Class Aquatics to build it for me.

I'll keep you updated on the build!

Skimmer Update: My Remora Nano skimmer hasn't skimmed anything yet, and is still loud. I did that quiet down mod, but it's still very loud. I'm definately going to put this on my frag tank in the basement since it doesn't matter how loud that gets. The frag tank will be getting a tunze nano skimmer as well, so dual skimming, sweet =)

lol

i have a Question about this contest. if i have an empty tank on the 20th can i still enter>? or does it need to already have my lr and other things?

glad you like the 32g mtank!

btw your avatar gave me an idea... maybe a nano anemone tank with a bunch of those anemone shrimp and a few porcelin crabs...

not sure if the anem would dirty the tank up though... the skimmer might not be strong enough.

good idea... i snapped a picture of that guy diving in bonaire. hopefully someday my tank will sustain an anemone

lol

i have a Question about this contest. if i have an empty tank on the 20th can i still enter>? or does it need to already have my lr and other things?

all you need is an empty tank with your favorite beverage in it to enter the contest. you also can't add any corals after January something. That's about it =) So it can be very empty by the 20th =)

good idea... i snapped a picture of that guy diving in bonaire. hopefully someday my tank will sustain an anemone

I'll see what happens! I'll let my tank cycle for a few months, and then see if I can sustain an anemone.

hopefully i get this 13-14 gallonish tank by the deadline! tank a look at it on the thread i posted. i want to join! this would be my first contest

Archived