Coral Vue Hydros

Trip to "Jeff's Exotic Fish" in SoCal - Friday 14th

Xavier

I'm really suprized those prices are so cheap.

so he lets RETAIL reefers come into a transhipping operation AND sells them at trans-ship prices?

thats a slap in the face to the LFS that he supplies in the area.

actualy its down right dirty buisness....... unless you guys had a tax number or something.

???

I delt with them ONCE for a fairly large tranship order that was rebagged and sent to me on the east coast. after the tarifs, box charges, re bag fees, and shipping, I PAID NEAR DAM RETAIL fer all the crap....... not a way to treat a fellow middleman. AND he didn't honor my DOA claim.

Some crap about "we will make it good on the next order..." yeah. OK ;).... not.

Just my take, Glad you guys made out like bandits....

I'm SURE it was a bit mind boggeling to see the vastness to choose from, and hoping to pick "the Healthy winners"...

:D

ps: Welcome to my world.....

I thought it interesting myself.. my local LFS goes to Jeff's and gets their goods and resells them, so I decided to go straight to Jeff's.. had plenty of people milling about... actually, it was not as big as I had expected.. it was even smaller then Aquatic Outlet in Inglewood.. now, AO was more expensive, but I think they had more selection...

I've heard the same thing about Jeff's (and experienced it a bit myself when getting some LR)... the best thing to do is visit it yourself and hand pick what you want.. we found Goliath some SWEET LR pieces that we probably never would have gotten just ordering online.. I am truely jealous of him now...

I believe that their prices are usually retail, unless you're a reseller.. they just had a special running for a few days...

Now, don't get me wrong.. they had lots of great stuff.. but as I was telling Goliath, they don't expect their stock to stay in their tanks long, so you can't expect them to keep as good care as say a local LFS might, and you definitely... so you have to be very selective of what you get... rule of thumb in general.. not just Jeff's

Archived