SaltCritters.com

Minibow Project

MiKeE

NanoReefer53

wow, is that a tiny rainsford goby ? i also see a baby rose ? Tank's lookin good Mike, let us know when you add on the good equiptment ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

walt smith is cool but way high in price whyle your down ther good in to sea dwelling creatures aka sdc quality marine is also good they are pretty nice i work in a lfs in south oc you should come and check us out the store is called pettown and were located off the 5 free way at el toro

hey mikeE!

I was the asian guy that you talked to about this website, at aquarium concepts in hayward. I bought the 12 gallon acrylic along with a prizm skimmer and a 32watt pc retrofit kit.

Well, I came back, bough tsome LR, sand, and another 32watt setup. Soon i'll be devoting one 32watt to 10000k daytime, and one to true actinic, so i can control the actinic cycles.

Right now, the tank is completely cycled, and is happily hosting a bubble tip anemone that I bought from your store, as well as a nice maroon clown. The bubble is doing great!

Anyway, I'm coming back there to buy more corals and critters sometime, maybe il'l see you around.

btw: your 7 gallon nano reef looks sweet! maybe next time i'm over there you can give me some suggestions on what to put in my tank. :)

take care.

• 2 weeks later...

here's the latest picture of my tank 04/09..

all my sps are finally starting to grow and getting more colorful..

coralline growth on the rocks are also amazing, its been at its most purple form yet..since i started this tank almost 2 years ago..

0409tank.jpg

Might be a bit late, but i need some help. I have a 10 gallon tank I am going to use as a fuge for my 7 minibow. I dont have a way to get the water from the bow, to the sump. I thought an overflow would work but all of them are way to big. This means that next week i am going to get my tank drilled. I was wondering where in the world you got that awesome little overflow and how it works. I cant figure it out in the pictures.

well, the overflow, i built it myself.. :)

if you want one built, email me...i would be glad to make you one... then have your tank drilled after.. :)

Man, you have some skill. Can you give me a more detailed description of how it works, from the pic it looks like the acrilyic box is not in the tank. How do you get the water from the tank to the sump, nylon or PVC?

i have 2 mated pair of threadfin goby, which is also paired up with the shrimp...

hard to believe..but yes... all 3 lives togeter..

and here a picture of my sump... as you can see, i am too lazy to clean up those wires... haha

sump.jpg

Nice mike. I believe you, my gobies all live together. Anyway, was gonna buy an imperial shrimp from ming wei for 22 bucks. what do you recommend and any advice? seems kinda boring but very unique

Hi Mike just be careful about the rose bta it looks a little small for the tomato, and sometimes if the fish is too big they get stressed out. BTW did you want to get a trade going sometime?

thats what i thought at first, but actually, the rose seem's to love the tomato, it use to retract at night, and now it doesnt,,, and its always expanded.. :)

yes, i still want to trade :)

and here's a clearer picture of my clownfish on the rose :)

clownandrose.jpg

Archived