SaltCritters.com

willyboy's 20H (now extinct)

willyboy

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scrape it off

Don't scrape it off

No I really think I'm going to scrape it off. I'm just nervous about any dangerous repercussions.

I got a new pep shrimp to hopefully combat the aiptasia. I also picked up a nice pumping xenia frag. I'll post some pics later tonight. :D Thanks for watching my tank guys. ;)

alexmurovec

looking forward to the pictures. if you are talking about scraping coraline off of the glass, then do it! i hate the look of all the coraline on the glass, just looks dirty to me.

Yhay picaturs!

4-28-07001.jpg

zenia frag! Finally some movement in my tank. Question: How do you load a video on to photobucket?

4-28-07005.jpg

Little pep shrimp. I hope he eats the aiptasia like the first pep that I had that died.

4-28-07002.jpg

update on zoa colony. They lost some of their pattern when I fragged it. It is slowly returning.

FTS.... YAY

4-28-07003.jpg

OK video on photobucket...

video

the xenia is now pulsing like normal since it has settled into the tank. I am trying to domesticate the shrimp (get him to come out more). I think he now associates my hand with food.

LOL backtracking....

When I went to the LFS last Saturday they had a really nice looking 4 headed frog spawn. I looked on the glass (they write the prices on the glass in front of coral) and it said 47 dollars. Sweet. But then the guy said it was $90 something. They hadn't changed the price since the coral that was there was bought and the FS was put in it's place. I didn't want to spend that much on one coral so I opted for the xenia frag, which is still doing stellar, and the small pep shrimp.

I have recently become fascinated by leather corals. Mainly toadstools. I want one so my clowns will host it. I think a toadstool would be a great addition to my tank.

Some questions. How much should a 4-headed frogspawn really cost?

alexmurovec

the only good LFS here sells all their corals for 60 bucks. they are all soft or lps corals though, no sps. basically, you can get a 2 headed frogspawn for 60 or a 3 frag zoo colony for 60 bucks. it blows.

Wow that does blow. If may just be more costly for them to ship the corals to their location. ?

My LLFS (local Local Fish store=the one in my city, as opposed to LFS=the one that is an hour a way) kinda have the same system as yours.

I stopped by the LLFS (refer to previous post) today. They had some leathers but they didn't look healthy. Now that I think about it, their leathers always look bad. Their polyps are NEVER extended. Anyways, no rescue mission either because they were on huge rocks and there was aiptasia and bubble algae everywhere.

I think my pep shrimp has unleashed its furry on the nems. He won't touch the big ones so I may have to juice 'em. I am ready to put this tank into high gear once the summer begins. I'll have a job and will make trips to the LFS once a week.

I'm looking to add a Rainford's goby and a bicolor blenny. I'm not totally sure. More corals of course. Definitely a toadstool leather. I would also like a frogspawn. I need some rics. I'm really open to anything that can survive under my lighting. I would like some suggestions from more knowledgeable people than me.

TIA,

Will

alexmurovec

i'll let you know how my corals are doing when i get them to give you some more insite on what you could go with in your tank.

Our cable was out on Sat. and Sun.. That means no TV or internet. But I made it through watching movies and the aquarium. I moved the corals onto the live rock. The coraline is goin' crazy with the calcium additives and what not. I'm am seeing more positive results from these additives. Healthier fish and corals mainly.

alexmurovec
Our cable was out on Sat. and Sun.. That means no TV or internet. But I made it through watching movies and the aquarium. I moved the corals onto the live rock. The coraline is goin' crazy with the calcium additives and what not. I'm am seeing more positive results from these additives. Healthier fish and corals mainly.

you can't poste something like that without pictures

come on, i thought you learned :lol:

Update: My pep shrimp molted on Friday, May 10th, during the night. That is good because I think my first pep shrimp died during molting. The iodide is what helped I think.

I will be out of town for a week starting on Saturday so there will be no updates for a while. But when I get back I will start tank progression into high gear. I'm looking for a toadstool, frogspawn and maybe some rics or hairy shrooms. Also for fish I plan on getting a rainford's goby and something else. I'm thinking a bicolor blenny but I am open to suggestios.

I am also considering an ATO system to answer my questions please go here. :D

---------------------------------------------------

SUMMER CHECKLIST

Toadstool Leather-

Frogspawn-

Ricordia-

Hairy shrooms-

FISH

Rainford's goby-

Bicolor blenny/better suggestion-

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all your help guys. Give me some fish suggestions!!!!

WB

Archived