Coral Vue Hydros

Fragging orange gorgonia...

Prowland

mahi mahi boy

Those look very natural. How fast do these grow in your tank, prowland? What would happen if you fixed a frag on its side, will it grow from two ends? And how small can you frag these, would those small shards in the tub still grow?

A nice article too, jeremai.

Mahi

Thanks for all the replies!!

clifford513: I like the photosynthetic gorg. as well and plan on getting some of that as well. hummmm more frags... i could do a multi type gorg. frag... that would be cool!

mahi mahi boy: I have not had a chance to see any growth as they have only been in my tank for about 2 weeks.

I woud assume you are talking about cutting a piece and attaching it on its side. I would guess that would not work as you would have to shave the entire side where you were attaching it. I just think it would be too much work and no idea if it would work.

I would assume you could frag them to a very small size as the one link stated that the small shards sometimes attach and grow.

I didnt have a wire stripper to remove the skin. I used the exacto knif pictured to "shave" the skin off so I didnt bother with saving the shavings as they were extreamly small.

Nice frag job. I really need to move to the U.S

haha... come to indiana and then we both go out west to cali! Now thats where the good stuff is

haha... come to indiana and then we both go out west to cali! Now thats where the good stuff is

I dunno about that---I heard that their coral is diminishing and that land-locked reefs of the EAST have banded together... :lol:

Can't you just see Prop doing a belly-flop into the gorgonian pool?

Well I moved all my stuff to a 10gal AGA... It is BB and I am going to increase the flow of it with an addition of a MJ900 PH.

Right now I have an AC50, MJ400, Wisper HOB 15, Cascade internal w/spray bar in the tank.

Here are a few pics of the frags:

th_PICT0084.jpg

th_PICT0101.jpg

th_PICT0090.jpg

The pics were taken after the move from my 5.5gal

In a few more days I am going to get ready for the shipping as they all are looking well after the fragging.

Mmmm...Mmmmmm...good -- They look very nice. I owe you some pics and will send them soon. I would like to ship to you on Tuesday of next week if that works. You can ship to me when you think they can be shipped.

Prowland--Way to stir it up man---My mouth is watering again!!!

Here are some zoas I will trade you if you like. About 10-20 of each if that's cool.

These have several shades of green and white--very nice.

FrostyLime.jpg

And these are a khaki green color with a blue dot.

copper2.jpg

Mark

^^Ill take some of the ones in the second pic! :D

lol

texx

I was wondering where you were lurking with frags on the loose like this!! :lol:

The pic stretches them out a little. They aren't flat like palys.

^lol

Ill take some of those, and green palys.

texx

You saw them!! How about the EEs?! Just for you!!

I have a couple green palys if you want to trade something.

PM me!!! Ha!! Beat you to it!!

I will get a pic posted in the AM as I am sleepy. They are looking even better since I transfered to the 10gal and got a PH pointed right at the glass in front of them so its not direct current.

I am going to figure out the best way to ship and then get some addresses.....

I was going to double bag, no air just water per props suggestion, thurmos if trading for something, if not trading then thurmos is extra, bubble wrap, and boxed.

Is there a need to ice pack???

Any other special requests, questions, comments... just post or PM!!!!

Happy reefing

This time of year, I doubt an ice pack is necessary. I'll take a thermos, though - that way I can send the anemone to you nice and easy. There's a good photo of it in my 29g tank thread. :)

Awesome gorgs!! I just got mine today!! Thanks Prowland--you ship like a pro!

Not a leak---nothing. They are sweet--big pieces.

Yes I said piece(s)! He gave me TWO!! :bowdown:

I will post some pics when everything settles in!!

thanks again!

Mark

Archived