Innovative Marine Aquariums

Setup of 2.5 AGA

RyanCD

A quick update...

I used the Elimi-Aiptas and all signs point to the Aiptasia being gone! So that is good.

I switched my refugium to the AC50 and put the carbon into the Red Sea. I am so happy I did this as there is so much more room and things seem to be doing even better.

We scraped the mushrooms off of the LR they came on with a credit card which worked wonderfully. The only thing that concerned me was once I put them back into the tank this white, stringy substance floated out from them but this morning it is gone.

The only thing that is making me nervous at this moment is my GSP is not coming out and has not for 2 days now.

I do have a question. I have 2 sand sifting snails - Nassarius - as well as six hermits, 3 Astreas and 2 bumblebees but my sand just looks dirty. It is covered in tiny crab molted parts and gray tube looking things (maybe the crab and snail waste?). The clean up crew isn't cleaning the floor nearly as well as I would like. Any specific animal that is excellent at cleaning the top layer of sand that you would recommend?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We scraped the mushrooms off of the LR they came on with a credit card which worked wonderfully. The only thing that concerned me was once I put them back into the tank this white, stringy substance floated out from them but this morning it is gone.

I've had mushrooms "barf" like that before and never had any problems because of it. Oh, and glad to hear your Aiptasia battle is going well.

*cough*pictures*cough*

Here are a few pictures. The tank is still pretty boring as it is so new so not so much has changed.

All of the gang.

IMG_5921.jpg

The mushrooms and feather dusters.

IMG_5926.jpg

GSP.

IMG_5925.jpg

Mushrooms from FloorLord.

IMG_5930.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

The following pic is of the waste that I am seeing on the sand. I can't stand it and just don't know what to do! Now I am beginning to hate my choice of the fine grain sand. Could I sprinkle some grainier sand on top or will this be a nitrate nightmare?

IMG_5934.jpg

you could try vacuming it off the bed. those mushrooms are the greatest, looks like cutting them worked out fine, but i'm not sure how much room i have for frags yet due to my new addition(s). i have to wait to see how big the anemone is fully expanded. :P

Hehe let me know when you want a frag! They are multiplying like crazy!

I was contemplating vacuuming but then I though with such the fine sand it might create a dust storm like I have never seen before!

Well today I am off to the LFS, 20% off everything, including corals! We will see what I come home with next... maybe a hammer...

Here are some recent pics..

Scarlet Crab with Blue Crab

IMG_5940.jpg

Feather Dusters which are growing like crazy!

IMG_5960.jpg

Full tank shot with my new Clown Goby.

IMG_5979.jpg

Goby.

IMG_5988.jpg

Goby.

IMG_5989.jpg

Uh oh! Man and the Goby is so cute! Gosh darn it. Today I created sub-albums in Photobucket and filed all of my photos into the appropriate sub-albums... would this be the cause of this?? If so I don't know how I will fix all of those links...

Blue question marks on a mac, eh? Well I use a Mac Mini...

are you using safari? the links are probably all borken due to the photos being in seperate albums.

i was really wanting a yellow clown goby that they had at the lfs. my tank just isnt big enough imo. when I upgrade to a 5.5g or so I may consider one but I will probably just go with a clown. ;)

Archived