Coral Vue Hydros

Crakeur's Member - One Year Old

Crakeur

Nice pics and great looking corals!

Is you lighing retrofitted in a hood or did you buy a pendant? If you did buy a pendant, where from and how much? Also, what is the kelvin rating on the HQI?

Thanx

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank's a killer Crak, keep it up. Didn't see that sweet Blasto you had, did you loose it? My hydno frag is growing like a champ too. I think I put it too high up and it's closing in on the water surface. It actually sticks out of the water during w/c's for a few minutes. May have to be moved soon.

Never asked you about the pink sarco I gave you, I was interested to see if its Pepto Bismol color would return under MH. Mine got slowly duller under the PCs. Did it ever make it to your 7? Again, looking good.

the blasto is still there, some caulerpa growing on it and it's sorta hidden by your monster xenia. I'll get some shots of it tonight.

The sarco is somewhere in the back area of the tank. It was bubblegum pink and real hairy the last time I saw it but I dropped a rock back there and can't see it anymore.

crakeur, it will be very hard for the GSP to get light on the back of the tank if it is that high up. it really depends on the light and it's reflector.

definatly a deck tank.

the gsp are getting plenty of light. growing and spreading.

thanks again for all the compliments.

Today I start the hunt for a baby tang to finally clean house on the caulerpa.

Tried Pm you but it was full..:(

Well anyways I installed my CPR aquafuge today and had a couple ?'s for you. 1...did you cut the outlet tube or anything in case of power outtage? 2. Are you running a PH in your tank? it seems my 7mini is alittle crowded now with the tubes from the refuge? Thanks for any advice you can give..

325, I cleared the pm's.

I'll answer the q's here tho.

I have two powerheads in the tank. a rio and an espi mini (dunno the brand, might be aquaglobe). anyway, the ph placement is a ***** becauseI have large rock and little room. I turned the outflow of the fuge around so that it blows toward the back of the tank. This freed up a bit of space for the rio.

I did nothing to protect against a powerouttage and now I am scared. My cleaning lady blows the fuse once a week but she either gets it back on real fast, the tank doesn't overflow or she cleans up and adds more top off. Don't want to know as it will be one more thing to be worried about.

Hey Crakeur,

do you have any of those ricordias for sale. just one polyp.

I got some orange and purple, blue and purple yesturday.

Originally posted by Crakeur

prrof that there is a god.  This ricordia is orange, pink and purple with hints of green.  Under actinics it looks like a painting.  This photo doesn't do it justice.  This came from Bryan at logical.

thanks Tigs. Tomorrow me and the tank will have a little birthday party for both of us. I will give the tank a little gift (water change) and the tank will give me a gift (no death and no algae - fingers crossed as it is all I want this year for my birthday).

not bad, do you plan on giving it a change every year? or is this more like how on a couples first aniversary they eat a peice of wedfding cake?

I might do the water change once a year. I didn't get to do it last night but if not tonight, then tomorrow as I have to be home to watch my daughter (unless me and the wife go to a charity event instead)

Crakeur,

If you have any left overs, I'll trade for ?

( I'm also a fabricator (SFX), if you need something custom. Our website: www.cinnabar.com)

Your in socal right?

thanks.

Originally posted by Crakeur

I do have a few stray babies but a certain homer simpson avatar sporting sax player gets dibs.

I meant to abbreviate Special Effects, but instead I got SFand a happy face? LOL

Originally posted by cmagallon

Crakeur,

If you have any left overs, I'll trade for ?  

( I'm also a fabricator (SFX), if you need something custom. Our website: www.cinnabar.com)

Your in socal right?

thanks.

a little update on the tank..

I lost the majority of the bright green acro but two stalks are still living so the hideouos skeleton stays in the tank.

I got a call yesterday telling me that my tank is stinking up the whole apartment (I was working yesterday) so when I got home a did a large water change, even tho the tank looked insanely healthy. I also took the opportunity to put the microchiller on the left side of the tank.

Everything is looking even better now and the xenia colony looks like it might have doubled in size. I managed to rescue a stray mushroom from the back of the tank and I noticed it had attached to some rubble that also has a small gsp frag and two or three baby zoos growing on it.

My tiny, dime sized plate coral moved into a cave and then came out a bit so it is visible and, with the exception of my blastomussa, (slightly fallen and algae overgrowth), everything is looking real good. One of my acros has started to grow over the spsfrag glue and it has started turning green with a purple tip.

I might actually have to start doing water changes more frequently again.

Best of all, this cleaning didn't cost me any blood. I didn't do any damage to the tank or my furniture or my body. yay for me.

• 2 weeks later...

some new shots - taken over the weekend:

this is my dime sized plate coral. not real colorful but it came out of the cave so I snapped some shots.

Archived