Coral Vue Hydros

Crakeur's Member - One Year Old

Crakeur

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is the dump, I mean the fuge. A real ugly mess but loaded with pods, several types of macro, two mangroves and god knows what else.

a closer shot of logical reef zoos and two frags. sadly, the tri color was a casualty of my dropping the jalli 13watt into the tank.

some more logical reef zoos. Thanks to the caulerpa outbreak, I had zoos growing on the algae so I plucked them off the algae and managed to get them to hold onto a rock. I have several zoo polyps of varying colors all over the tank as a result of the algae.

green tree. It's hard to see the coloration but it is bright green and very electric looking under the actinics. For some reason it is laying on it's side. I was farther on it's side before yesterday so perhaps it is straightening out so to speak.

prrof that there is a god. This ricordia is orange, pink and purple with hints of green. Under actinics it looks like a painting. This photo doesn't do it justice. This came from Bryan at logical.

more ricordia. these are a real odd color, mostly green with orange and mustard hues. yet more proof that there is a greater being. It might be Bryan at logical reef as these too came from him.

xenia colony. I had two xenia colonies. One came from Satchmo (this one) and another that grew onto the macro so I tried to move it. It ended up behind the tank, where it is growing and spreading. I have two other offshoots of this colony. One is buried on the left side of the tank and all you see are the heads. The other is on the right side, near the bottom. It too is doing real well.

During the course of my algae pruning, I shredded some of the xenia frags and I now have single stalks everywhere, even on attached to my clam (pic coming up).

Here's the maxima. So much for not being able to keep a clam in a nano. Notice the xenia polyp on the right side of the clam. It has attached to the shell. I have more strands like this in the sand, and in various spots in the tank.

last shot - green star polyps that are glued to the back glass. Satchmo gave me these and they are doing fine but not very easy to see from the front of the tank. They're spreading so I might frag a small piece and glue it to some rock.

Tank specs:

7 gallon aga bow with a 2 1/2 gallon hob aquafuge.

Too much live rock, lots of live sand.

13w pc over the fuge

70w hqi mh and 36w pc actinic over the tank

Livestock (as much as I can remember)"

neon dottyback (shy so no pics this time)

purple reef lobster

tons of hermits - several varieties

various snails

two baby lettuce nudis.

maxima clam

several acropora of various colors

montipora cap (one frag that grew too large so it has been snapped into two frags)

montipora dig - orange/pink. still growing amongst the weeds.

various zoos (no pic of the reddish orange ones. perhaps tonight I'll get a shot)

ricordia and some other variety of shrooms.

xenia all over the place.

green star polyps

hydnophora

yellow scroll coral (towards the back but doing well)

green tree

there is a capnella (large one) in the back of the tank, hidden as it got too big. probably going to move it to a larger tank

sand bed clams

Might be more but that's all I can recall with only one cup of coffee in me.

Thanks jojo, I had some but there was a glare coming from somewhere. I'll try and get a full frontal shot for you tonight.

looks great to me, good job,

and again, what about a full frontal shot,

cheers

lee

:) :) :) :)

Looks great man! That green acro looks pretty good! Now keep your fingers out of the tank and let them grow! j/k Im a little concerned about your clam is the incurrent siphon always gapping like that or was he just taking a "breath" at that moment?

Yeah give us a full frontal shot when you get a chance (Im sure OC will be jealous)

it gapes at times but it has been that way for about 3 or 4 months now. The clam is always shifting around. It moves to the left for morning sunlight and shifts around for the evening halides/pc combo.

Thanks for all the compliments. Lots of blood, sweat and tears went into that tank - literally.

My hands are going to remain out of the tank, except for some caulerpa pruning. I'm hoping I'll score a little hippo, sailfin or algae blenny this weekend. Don't worry, I have a 72 gallon and 180 gallon for a home at a later date.

Archived