Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Great Aquapod Adventure

seahorsejl

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey thanks, Yes there is one in DFW, but it is still an hour drive. Its on Wed nite, and I have to work.

I still dont see to many people from Texas on here. Thanks again.

I think there are a fair amount of Texans on this board. One just joined up on the Austin club the other day. Plus I see a few in the lounge area.

Nice pic of your red banded goby and pistol. my brother wants a pair of them with a shrimp for his ap24.

That pair is the hardest to get a good picture of in my tank ... but they are among my favorites too. I normally only get one of them in focus. That pistol is one of the oldest things in the tank. This is his second red striped goby he has paired up with.

Speaking of that pair, I noticed last night while feeding that the pistol shrimp had lost it's smaller claw (not the snapping one). I am sure he will grow it back in a molt or two ... just odd. Other that that he is doing fine. He was scavenging food and taking it back to his burrow (the goby also likes to spit food into the burrow for him).

• 11 months later...

As of January 4, 2009 this tank is no more ... Santa brought a larger home for the critters!

I no longer am living in the nano-realm, as I have upgraded to a 75 gallon tank.

The decision to leave the nano sized tank was to give my corals more room, and to add more swimming room for eventually more fish. Plus, it gave me the chance to go the metal halide route and not worry too much about temperatures in the tank.

I wish I had taken a farewell pictures, but alas I did not. Will start a new thread for the bigger tank here soon.

• 3 months later...

Archived