Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kinetic's Custom 58 Gallon Oceanic Starphire Tank

kinetic

big fat F WORD. According to the LFS, oceanic just raised my quote from $670 for the tank alone, to $2360.

WTF!?!?!?!!

I'm so ###ed right now. It took so long to get the quote finalized that now it's changed. They said it's because they just finished moving. If I f'ing ordered this right off, I would've been fine.

back to the drawing boards =( what tank should I look into next?

How the hell does that happen!?!?!?!

Check out glasscages.com they do low-iron glass which i think is like starphire. For my 90 gallon they wanted 60$ extra for each side of low iron glass.

But you started this thread saying you were gonna have another tank, so i dont expect anything less. lol

MJD

I like this Oceanic tank.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...880#post7955880

How the hell does that happen!?!?!?!

Check out glasscages.com they do low-iron glass which i think is like starphire. For my 90 gallon they wanted 60$ extra for each side of low iron glass.

But you started this thread saying you were gonna have another tank, so i dont expect anything less. lol

MJD

I thought I remember you were setting up a cuttlefish tank, then a 90 gallon, then another 120 gallon? I also thought you were taking the finnex M Tank apart? Selling it or something? Wasn't that the tank with the Flame Angelfish in it? Hmmm....maybe I got the wrong person. I just thought you had a bunch of different tanks going at the same time? I'm good at saving money too, but 3,000? Do you pay rent and bills? Having kids would put a big damper on it, being married, well that shouldn't really be an issue. LOL. Do us women really require that much? Just a snuggle here and there, tell us we look pretty, etc. We don't need expensive things. Or at least I don't. But hey, then again I'm setting up a reef tank myself. LOL But I've saved for it myself and months of buying planning etc. Still don't even have it up yet! Just started the sump/refugium this weekend. Do you work or go to school? I am so sorry that they raised the price. That's just stupid. I don't understand that at all. Did you just talk to one person? Maybe they were wrong. That's happened to me quite a bit. One person will tell you one thing, then another person will tell you something completely different. I'd double check if you haven't. I'm sure you have though. I'd say WTF tooo! SHOOT! I would love to have a starfire glass tank. Ahhh how pretty. Maybe I'll start saving for another upgrade soon. I want a house before though. That way I can make the tank as big as possible. LOL. Living in an apartment doesn't really give you much flexibility. Esp since I already have a 150 gallon AGA planted tank. =/ Oh boy. That sucker is going to be hard to move once I move outta here. Don't know how I'm gonna do it. Oye.

I thought I remember you were setting up a cuttlefish tank, then a 90 gallon, then another 120 gallon? I also thought you were taking the finnex M Tank apart? Selling it or something? Wasn't that the tank with the Flame Angelfish in it? Hmmm....maybe I got the wrong person. I just thought you had a bunch of different tanks going at the same time? I'm good at saving money too, but 3,000? Do you pay rent and bills? Having kids would put a big damper on it, being married, well that shouldn't really be an issue. LOL. Do us women really require that much? Just a snuggle here and there, tell us we look pretty, etc. We don't need expensive things. Or at least I don't. But hey, then again I'm setting up a reef tank myself. LOL But I've saved for it myself and months of buying planning etc. Still don't even have it up yet! Just started the sump/refugium this weekend. Do you work or go to school? I am so sorry that they raised the price. That's just stupid. I don't understand that at all. Did you just talk to one person? Maybe they were wrong. That's happened to me quite a bit. One person will tell you one thing, then another person will tell you something completely different. I'd double check if you haven't. I'm sure you have though. I'd say WTF tooo! SHOOT! I would love to have a starfire glass tank. Ahhh how pretty. Maybe I'll start saving for another upgrade soon. I want a house before though. That way I can make the tank as big as possible. LOL. Living in an apartment doesn't really give you much flexibility. Esp since I already have a 150 gallon AGA planted tank. =/ Oh boy. That sucker is going to be hard to move once I move outta here. Don't know how I'm gonna do it. Oye.

hehe a long winded reply =)

I'm still in between undergrad and graduate school, so I live alone thus not married and not in a house for two people and such. NOt saying a wife would be expensive or anything of the sort, it's just your life is then not only yourself, but you become part of another's life. That would sort of up the price of things a bit, but right now not really.

Bills and rent yes I do pay. I even help my parents pay their property tax and morgages. it's the least I can do really for them.

I also have ridiculous hobbies (in terms of costs), such as this one, sailing, photography, motorsports, tennis lessons and equipment, and such.

The tank setups you're right, I had a 82g that I was going to turn into a cuttlefish tank, but then the tank wasn't the correct dimensions, so I went slightly bigger, so sold that one and got a 98 gallon... then I planned on moving so I couldn't setup the whole basement setup, so I sold that entire setup.

That's two tanks for one setup, never had more than one.

Now I'm still looking for an upgrade from my 32g, without going all out. I don't think it's the smartest idea to get my dream tank before I even have a dream home.

That's why I started looking into the oceanic tanks. Not the most elegant, but pretty darn good for the cost (well at least before).

I haven't really bought any of these yet, they're all plans. It's been a year and a half of planning an upgrade for my 32g tank, and nothing's happened yet. I only have 1 tank right now and 1 40g breeder that will be a QT tank for fish.

Anyway, goodluck with your setup as well!

dont worry, kinetic has a secret project coming up that Im helping with.It with hopefully be the tank to put all of his tank desires to rest

yeah, I don't think I"m going to post anymore until I actually have the tank =P

thanks to supernip for helping me out!!! he's a great help that's for sure.

Archived