Innovative Marine Aquariums

my new 3.5 tru-vu

deacon hemp

deacon hemp

This is my new nano-reef it's a 3.5 gal tall acrylic by tru-vu with black acrylic top,no lights yet but it will have a 13 watt pc 50/50

and 9 watt 03 attinic and i'm waiting fer the perfect peice of red tonga branch from an lfs prolly a couple of weeks,anyway i have

a lr chunk out of my other tank.

looks nice, the black acrylic looks really clean. I am already wanting to start another one. I want a 2.5 gallon with some shrooms.

deacon hemp

acually this tank is cycled already cause i used old tank water,there will be a short mini cycle when i get my rock then it's fill er up.Aggie-do you know if i'll be able to add like 3 or 4 small

colony's zoo's and shrooms all at once or should i add slow like when starting a new tank?would it be like a tank transfer?

If you add uncured live rock you will go through a cycle. Its not the water that creates the cycle (although tap water can cause a diatom bloom) its the die off from the LR. If you add cured LR you may notice a small spike in nitrates but nothing bad. If you do add cured LR then maybe wait a few days take readings and if everything looks good then you can add your zoos. They are not a huge bio-load so you can add them all at once, just acclimate them properly.

Good luck =)

deacon hemp

To deskjockey-i know about the nitrogen cycle thats clear to me,i am adding cured rock to the tank i should have said that,my question was can i add 4 or5 colony's at once after the mini cycle?

because it would be like a tank swap or wouldn't it?

yeah after your mini cycle you can add them all. Like I said they arent a huge load on your system. Its not like adding 4 or 5 fish hehehe

deacon hemp

i got it at king ed pet center in new west,british colombia.I got it fer 50 buck can.with top.It was only 110 fer tank,heater,agra-sand,mini jet ph,and the guy threw in a ac mini!

That is quite expensive without the lights. But its very nice though. I see a lot of potential and if I can find one like that Im going for it. have you thought about what you would keep? any fishes? I recommend a shrimp/goby pair. you stumbled on a gorgeous tank, Im sure your imagination will make it much better. Keep us posted!

deacon hemp

thnx supernip i know the tank is alittle pricey but if your from the states cut that in half and then it's not that bad lol.i think tru-vu is a canadian company as most lfs's up here sell them i don't know fer sure.i want to encrust all the rock and back wall with zoo's and a few ricordea's for good measure,fer fish if i get 1 prolly be a clown goby since there mini.

do you happen to know where in the states i might find that find looking tank or a seller online? very sexy tank, perhaps Ill keep a pair of sexy shrimps or harlequin shrimps lol I cant wait to see your tank complete

deacon hemp

supernip , this is the only place i could find www.capitolaquarium.com they say they have tru-vu from 2.5 and up.and you have a good idea about the pair of shrimp!i like that idea better than a fish,and my lfs carries harlequin's all the time!thnx fer the intrest in my tank,i have many frags just waiting to go in.i might post new pics with rock tomorrow.

deacon hemp

i bought a couple of #s of rock today they didnt have a lot of branch rock so i didn't get all of it.This is not final rock scape either!

• 2 months later...

supernip where are you in california? you hould be able to get these tanks anywhere in the bay area and you can get them in a 4 gallon version from clear for life in so cal. you should be able to find it easily in Ca.

reefan: Yeah I've seen them too. 40 bucks is a rip off. One guy wanted like a hundred bucks for it. total bs for a beautiful tank man.

SLOreefer: I'm in san jose. I just ordered it but its like 25-35 bucks, which I think is pretty expensive. LMK about the clear for life version. I'm also interested in one of those 7cubes to replace my minibow but can't afford 150 bucks for a bare tank. thanks for the info man.

deacon hemp: I love your tank man:love: . It inspired me to do one with much philosophical thought behind it. I think you could be starting a trend.... dare I say it? Bigger than the minibow. Cubes are for cool people only :D

Archived