SaltCritters.com

Another 2.5 up and runnin!

tmendeol

I'm so jealous of your corraline. If only you could share the wealth.....sigh....

Well, the only reason (IMO) that my pico is doing so well is that my live rock came from a local established tank. The rocks had been in the tank for a couple of years and the one is almost completely covered in coraline.

If there's any way you could fit another rock in your system...IMO...you should try to get a rock from an already well established tank local to you and hope that that does the trick.

I know I'm a newb and I'm definitely not trying to give any advice like I have any real experience in this hobby...this is just my "Master of the Obvious" observation :)

-Tim

I am 'green with envy' over your coralline!!! :) I too bought LR from an established tank, but I have nowhere near the growth you do. I am starting to see bleaching on the left side, but there are signs of more of it throughout the rocks/tank.

I also like that crown astrea you have! I think most people have astreas, but I that's the first crown I've seen.

Yeah that's why the xenias were first. I could watch them all day! After this weekend's water change, I'm hoping to get another frag with some zoas, stars, or mushrooms, so I'll post pics if I do.

I got the clear PVC tubing from Lowe's for about 29 cents. I think I'm going to look for some without alphanumerics on it or perhaps black tubing... I need to get my background taken care of too. Think it's too late to paint, even if I completely isolated the tank from the vapors?

Take it easy tmen!

• 2 weeks later...
Very cool tank tim, can't wait to get some corals in mine!

Thanks, VannReefer87!

Things on the top of my head in no particular order:

One thing I've learned so far is that aquascaping is not my forte, lol. When I finally start a tank at home the wife will be the interior decorator so to speak ;)

The coraline algae in my tank is starting to go a little nuts...my bumble be snail has coraline growing on his shell and I think my crown astrea has some too, lol. Craziness!

I know it's bad juju to speak of DIY projects when they are only living in your head but I'm kinda posting this here as a reminder to myself, hehe...I'm thinking of trying to make a pico chiller for my tank. If anything ever comes from my idea I'll post updates here.

I will post some update pics of the tank in a few days...or maybe on the weekend...I still have to take the pics, hehe.

-Tim

Archived