Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CC's new 2.2 gallon cube tank...

coralcrazy

so after taking a break, i have started a new 2.2 gallon tank. I will consist of zoas, acan, ecnh, pulsating xenia and of course the infamous rainbow monti as the center, it has been running for a while, i was using 2X9 PC lighting on the tank, but i just got a 70 Watt MH arch lamp mod from another member, so this tank should be very nice, i worked hard and many hours for this so i hope you enjoy..

The tank will have an iceprobe as well also contain a fuge. Here are some pics for now..

the tank is stocked due to b16's tank buy, but i am trying to add some center pieces such as the watem, rainbow monti, and rics. Please stay tuned, i will update this thread soon :). I still haven't figured out a fish for this tank, it will either be a pistol shrimp goby and pistol shrimp, or a yellow clown goby.

the link for the MH light i got is here....

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93197

post-14339-1154141982_thumb.jpg

post-14339-1154141991_thumb.jpg

post-14339-1154141999_thumb.jpg

post-14339-1154142006_thumb.jpg

Did you mod the tank? It looks like there is some excess silicone on all the corners like there was some corner braces at one time.

Brian da lion

Hey coralcrazy, were there 4 black corner braces on that tank when you got it? I think that I used to have that tank. What store did you get it from?

I think i got it at Fish Town in Ramsey, NJ. I got it cheap cause it was used :).. I am now selling the lightfixture for 25$ shipped includes legs, not the MH lol the PC, also i got a 10K Ushio i belive bulb used for 3 months by previous owner or 30$ shipped

I am thinking about the bracing corners/edging that have been removed and it seems I'm not the only one.

I understand that there is little pressure on the walls of a tank that small/shallow and bracing is often a redundancy used by aquarium builders, but I would hate to see your tank come apart! Perhaps someone else more qualified/seasoned can determine if this really is risky.

You're off to a great start--good luck!

Hi

Ive got two of those cube tanks which used to consist of a beta set up when i bought them new from the LFS they did not come with any bracing at the corners guess its just because they are so small mines is an 8" cube. Just my 2 cents

Ash

the store just had some default legs, i have no idea what brand name, just crazy glue the legs and you are done..i will have pics of tank today or tommrow.

gosh you guys are to nice, i think it kind of boring without livestock in the pictures :) haha but thats just me thanks for all the coments. The tank has been stocked for 2 months. I just wasn't home all summer. haha

okay i am finally home from my hospital internship. My tank made it with my parents taking care of it. Anyways, here is the pic of the tank at night. Obv everthing is closed it has 2 Nano sea filters one with iceprobe the other is a refugium for my chaeto(i am getting to get that one tommrow from deathco). I also have a 70 Watt MH lamp 14K bulb as my new lighting system. Everthing is good. I added a small goby i will try to take a pic of him. Enjoy the tease till tommrow. When i will post more pics

post-14339-1155351352_thumb.jpg

this is just a quick tank shot..no detail to livestock in the tank lol besides the orange suncoral tommrow i will have more detailed pics :)

my camera really f-ing suxs...i should invest in a new one, anyways this is some shots that i have right now

also this is why i need a nimble :(

post-14339-1155394075_thumb.jpg

post-14339-1155394121_thumb.jpg

Archived