Coral Vue Hydros

FS - 70W HQI

glxtrix

Bought new from Aquabuys.com (149.99) Bulb is an Ushio 10K with exactly 3 months of burn time on bulb. Retroed into an architectural clamp style desk lamp that was bought at staples (40.00) See pics below, have any questions feel free to ask. $145 shipped to your door.

70WMH.jpg

mhBallast.jpg

mhOff.jpg

mhOn.jpg

Thats an awesome mod on the desk lamp.

Would you be willing to share any details on how you did it? Do you know what lamp you used? Could a 150 fit in there, and if it could, would it be too hot for the clamp? Did you see a temp rise in the tank after you started to use it?

as stated in description its an architectural clamp style desk lamp that was bought at staples. Orig. had a 150W halogen lamp inside and is made by tensor. Just unscrewed all the parts out and added mine in. Not to sure about the 150MH seeing I dont have the reflector on hand to know the length of it to fit. I absolutely love this light but I upgraded tanks and lighting to a 150 fixture so this one is not needed anymore. As far as a temp raise, not really, maybe 1/2 degree??? Then again tank is at work and sits in the flow from an air vent from above. Tank always sits at 79.5-80 even when air is not on. As long as you have a lil air flow, you'll have no problem with heat :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived