Coral Vue Hydros

Its been a while! I miss you all..my new tank..enjoy

anthony812

Hi all,

I have gone away from this board for a while now...i miss all of you guys..i have been moving, upgrading tank, getting ready for the wedding stuffs, yes yes..another one bites the dust! and everything is finally settling in. so here i will share with you my new tank..its my new 120 AGA 40" long x 30" deep/wide, x 24" tall, i have 400W HQI MH with 10K ushio with 4 x 55W 50/50 Power Compacts..i know its not exactly a nano..but i just enjoy this forum so much. I will be starting my backyard/patio project really soon, probably next week, i will be running 2x60gallon or 4x25gallon fragging tank lite by natural sunlight ONLY! the power consumption is estimated at 400W Total power!

By the way, i thought this would or might help some of you guys. i happen to get my hands on a couple of Euro-Reef ES 5-2 skimmers, its an awesome skimmer! I will be able to sell them for $160 plus shipping, i will not charge a fixed shiping charge, mainly cuz everyone lives at different places and the shipping cost is different. I will not earn a penny on shipping!! if you are interested, please contact me: anthony@classiclimo.com

With my outdoor system, i am hoping to have frags of variety of stuffs available for the hobbists, and it will all be captive bred. My idea for sps frags will be mounted on the plastic tubes. and i will have PLENTY of Zooanthid frags !!!

anyhow, that is enough talk..

acropora sublata sp.

*note - all these pictures are taken with Nikon 995, with only 400W HQi with Ushio 10K bulb, and 4x55W PC..there is absolutely no ACTINIC. so these are true color, i have not alter it in anyway with photoshop..eventhough i am a GOD in photoshop..hahaha

monti cap with blue polyps and rim

very ncie piece and how it will turn out as the bottom starts to swirl up, and it came from the base that encrusted.

Looks great man!!! Nice to see you again.. definitely sounds like youve been busy.

That acropora sublata sp. looks amazing without actinic! Im going to have to drive up and get a frag of that!! =)

Good luck on your prop tanks. Sounds like its going to very difficult hope it works out though =)

that sublata is sublime! first dibs...after desk!

man you don't waste no time. you couldn't have been gone even two months and last i heard you were "getting out of the hobby" cuz of your move. i guess you're back up on your feets though! geez! beautiful tank, congrats on the impending wedding, and GL on the "solar-powered" frag system (how long have you been lobbying that with the misses?)!

just so i get this right...you're tapping those california resources-sun, temperate/tropical climate to provide light and most of your temperature control, and then you'll only have pumps/filtration to power? sounds like a beautiful idea!

tg

Dude post pics of the zoo's you're giving me :):D:)

Nice tank, i should be able to make it this Saturday afternoon. How far's Reef Collection from you, maybe we can make a trip over there! If you need help setting up that outdoor tank I'm just a phone call away (WILL WORK FOR FRAGS!) Did you get that idea from the new guy at SCMAS? and is that where your frags came from?

Oh and don't forget to post pics of the zoo's you're giving me, and everyone should back off I get first dibs on anthony's frags :P

Hey man you best take a number! =p

hahaha damn anthony you just came back and were already fighting over your frags! Poor little things are still babies for crying out loud!

Wait I just noticed something your running 4 50/50 pc's so you are running actinic, a little anyway.

Desk - you are just so funny..but yeah..i have noticed no one care about my comeback except for my frags..hahaha

Ben- yes..i got the idea from Steve, and i will start by this weekend..here in orange county..the temperature never goes above a 95 degrees..so i really don't need a chiller.just have 2 big powerful fan blowing on thop of the water will cool it enough..during the winter..i wil have 2 x 200w heaters to heat the sump (in the house) and that should be sufficient..or maybe even wrap the tanks around with styrofoam and tin foil to keep it insulated..there will be a green house style cover on the tank to minimize the dusts and rain..i don't think i will be having a sand bed on this tank..but again..you will never know..hahaha...

I won't have my camera with me tonight..so there will be no pictures..i just added 50 more lbs of LR in my tank..so it looks fuller..

Glad to see you back Anthony. I knew you were still around because I saw you on RC. Killer tank you have going there.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding, when's the date?

I won't hit you up for any frags right now.....but maybe in the future some zoos woukd be nice. :)

wats the coral in the very front of your tank in the 3rd pic? i saw one in the lfs and was thinking of getn one but i couldnt find the name. the tank looks awsome,Chris

First off, where is the algae? I hate those pure white sand, crystal clear glass tanks. So pristine. I hate all of you that don't suffer the algae. Ok, I feel a bit better now.

where on earth did you get those corals? stunning colors. if you don't want to divulge your source, put me down for some frags when you are ready to start selling them.

welcome back.

Liz - thanks girl...u are always welcome to my frags..hahah

cjm - i think its the same species as the tougn coral..i am not really sure..but it has a navy green tint at the base..pretty neat

crakeur - its call no life..i scrub my glass EVERY simgle day..at least once! hahaha...and also 100 baja snails plus 10 turbo snails , plus a black tonga blenny, Cheveron tang and blue spot jaw fish will keep your sand bed crystal clean!!

Welcome back anthony812!!!

Man you sure know how to make an entrance. Those are some of the sweeeeeetest corals i've ever seen. Esp. that acropora sublata sp. Well I guess I'm either #5/6 on the wait list hehehe....j/k. NOT.......but really tho, that outside frag'n tank is a really great idea. That's taking full advantage of your environment. PLUS it saves money so that leaves more for you to spend on the other corals or tanks!!!!

Please keep up posted, and bring the pics.

NanoReefer53

Welcome back anthony ! OMG, that sublata is hecka nice ! I think it's time u slap on a CA reactor and show us a pic in a year :D

RARE find..Neon Pink rim with Neon yellow center Yuma ricordias..i am selling a few of these..$40/polyp for the larger ones and $30/polyp for the smaller ones

Archived