28.jpg

Sand in tank...

29.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Some LiveRock from my other tank...

33.jpg

34.jpg

Looks awesome! Are you gonna do a fuge mod on the aquaclear? Live rock looks excellent!

Yes, i'm still trying to figure out what i exactly want to do with it. I was def. planning on turning it into a fuge in the next few weeks. Just wanted to put everything together to make sure the filter works to my liking. It's working great. I just took a couple pieces of LiveRock from my current 54g Reef tank to get the tank up an going. I'll be adding more LiveRock and Corals next week.

Cool. I look forward to seeing what you do with it because I'm doing the same thing (5.5gal on the computer desk) though we've gone different routes with it already.

(Two of those speakers are supposed to go behind you ;))

Cool. I look forward to seeing what you do with it because I'm doing the same thing (5.5gal on the computer desk) though we've gone different routes with it already.

(Two of those speakers are supposed to go behind you ;))

Do you have any pics of your tank and what are you trying to do with it? I use to have my speakers setup differently in my other house, but don't have that much room for them here...... ;)

Sure thing:

th_desk.jpg th_tank6-17.jpg th_darktank6-17.jpg

The rockwork looks a lot different in person somehow.

Here's my thread on the building of it with more details and pics.

Looks good. 5.5g with AC500(110) is a nice & simple way of setting up a nano.

I'm switching my setup out for a more intricate system, but if I were to change anything, I'd glue in some baffles on the output of the AC to help dsiperse the water flow in different directions.

I'm looking for some easy ways to cut down on the flow in my tank with my AC500. I've already got the filter running on the slow position. I"m running it on the basic setup, carbon filter and sponge. Any ideas?

montevallofalcon11

I did this mod. It helps slow down the flow. Also you can trim the impeller blades to back the flow down.

Man, whoever built that top is the damn man! haha

Looks good ######

EDIT: And get some coasters, you're screwing up your desk :angry:

Finally got my filter to work the way i wanted. I made a couple baffels and cut 3 of the 6 impeller blades off. I still need to add something to the intake inside the tank to keep my fish from swimming inside of it. All of this has reduced the flow enought to keep my sand in place and still give me enough filtration.

Man, whoever built that top is the damn man! haha

Looks good ######

EDIT: And get some coasters, you're screwing up your desk :angry:

If you like i could get one made for you. ######

How's the stand coming along? Worked on it any lately? Pics?

Finally got my filter to work the way i wanted. I made a couple baffels and cut 3 of the 6 impeller blades off. I still need to add something to the intake inside the tank to keep my fish from swimming inside of it. All of this has reduced the flow enought to keep my sand in place and still give me enough filtration.

If you like i could get one made for you. ######

How's the stand coming along? Worked on it any lately? Pics?

Hell yea, i'd love one. You going to call and ask me or should I ask myself? Im getting the plywood tomorrow or wednesday. I need to get that thing out of my bedroom.

Here are a couple of new pics i took today. You can see a full shot of the tank so far. You can also see the filter and some mods made to it to help reduce water flow. (Baffel added, black piece taken off from inner u-tube, cut and inverted the end piece for the u-tube on the inside of the tank..kinda hard to see from the pics). I'm planning on adding some more liverock this weekend...and the pics will continue.

DCP_1784.jpg

DCP_1788.jpg

DCP_1789.jpg

DCP_1786.jpg

DCP_1790.jpg

Archived