Top Shelf Aquatics

Anyone using the JBJ PicoTope 3g tank?

ACBlinky

I just saw this little tank for the first time, and while another tank is probably the last thing I need I can't get it out of my head. I'm wondering if anyone has one of these and whether it's worth the cost (~$60). The light that comes with it is a little useless, but I think it would look fantastic with a little dual PC fixture (Orbit or Satellite type); it seems to have loads of potential.

Here's a link to the company website in case anyone wants to take a look at the setup.

I want something like this for my desk at work. I am tying to figure what is the best set up that is under 10 gallons.

$60? i SAW IT on marine depot or drs foster and smithfor $27.00

And i also want to get it looks awesome

Drs Foster & Smith don't have it listed, and the price on Marine Depot is $49.99. I'm in Canada, here it's about $60CD in stores which is about $55US.

I've seen it in person, and other than the iffy light fixture it's a VERY nice looking little setup - the beveled base really finishes it off and I love curved glass. I have absolutely nowhere else to put a tank, but it's SOOOO tempting to buy one of these gorgeous little tanks! I'd love to see if anyone actually has one setup for SW and if it's working out well - the one I saw was a FW planted and looked very nice but I'd want to go salt if I got one.

Yes, I am using one. See my post below, titled 'Picotope' by Garf.

I like it, evap is rough though on this tank at work, my refractometer readings go from 1.026 to near 1.029 over the weekend.

Coral inhabitants love it, though I think I am starving my hermits. Someone tossed out my Cyclopeeze in the frrezer at work, and I keep forgetting to bring more in!

Nice little tanks! I'm definitely considering setting one of these up, probably with a small 11" 2 x 18W PC fixture, rather than the 9W that comes with the kit.

Nice little tanks! I'm definitely considering setting one of these up, probably with a small 11" 2 x 18W PC fixture, rather than the 9W that comes with the kit.

its a nice tank but i think i'm done with my jbj pico. i just can't stand having no fish in there.lol i have the coralife 2x18w fixure on top of it. 36/3=12w per gallon. lol but i'm done with my pico, its getting boring so i'm going to do a 40g now. i'm going to post my tank for sale soon if you interested.

usafPilotPSU

[i have a pico-- check out my pics and posts in this forum under "Air Force 3 gallon pico, ect" Great little tank if you have time to constantly top it off. I even have a tiny blue yellow tailed damsel in mine, a small hatian anemone and a brittle star.

CJ

Archived