Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need help on where to buy a NICE 2-3 GL Nano reef tank

oscar5453

Does anyone know where I can get a reef tank that is ready to go with reef lights and filter and everything? Or where i can get them seperatly at a great price?

I want to set up a 2-3 gallon reef tnak in my CUBE at work.......Should be great to maintain. I have a 55g tank at home.

-Oscar

I bought an eclipse 3 gallon setup (originally for tropical) and have it at my desk -- setting it up as an invert only pico. The only thing I changed was I removed the stock pump setup and added an Elite Micro powerhead thingy ($10 at PetCo)

100_1477%20(Medium).JPG

Features:

Acrylic aquarium provides 360 degrees of prime viewing area

Easy installation, easy operation

Superior Bio-Wheel Filtration

Easily removed cartridge

Superior fluorescent lighting

35 GPH flow rate

THATS THE SPECS FOR THAT THING. iS THE LIGHT MADE FOR REEF TANKS? i WANT TO HAVE SOME CORALS AND IT SEEMS THAT THE FILTER IS BUILT IN TO THE HOOD OF THE TANK........SO THIS WOULD NOT WORK FOR ME RIGHT?

-sorry for the caps..........

ANYONE?

k stop shouting.

eclipse lighting is too low for any corals. (8 watts)

you'll have to ditch the bio-wheel (nitrates) and change the cartridge every so often. eventually you'll want a better pump. basically you're scrapping everything except the tank itself.

its for my desk at work......a nano 6 would be way too big,,,,I want a 2.5 or 3 at most.

-Oscar

I think I am just going buy a plain jane 3 galln tank and buying a nice lamp but have no idea where i can get a nice coral lamp to fit a 3 gallon tank

any ideas?

I couldnt find much online....

brent-konieczny

Everybody has to buy seperate stuff for small tanks so you are stuck if you will only settle for a complete package. I would carefully plan all the seperate equipment and order online (prefferably from one site to save shipping money).

I also have the eclipse 3 and I like it alot. You can get the tank for $36.99 at petsmart and like ezcompany said, you'll probably wanna ditch everything but the tank. Although I use the original filter pump to mix my saltwater. I have an ac-30 (17.99 @ petsmart) fuge on the back for filtration and the 12" dual satellite for lighting.(69.99 @ foster and smith). Total about $125. hth.

For about $45 at Petsmart you can get an aga 2.5 gallon tank with a glass cover, a tiny light strip made for the same tank, a filter, and a 20 watt coralife 50/50 bulb.

Archived