inTank Media Baskets

The beginings of my 40 breeder

wwildcats04

wwildcats04

reef octopus 150, its a newer company from asia, their skimmers are being compared to euro reef and asm. there is a lot of hype about them on RC... they are still dirt cheap because i think they are trying to get their name out first

wwildcats04

its my first skimmer, i get a lot of skimmate and it smells bad and the tank has only been set up a week

so i guess

i also am never really home to pay attention this week because im at my brothers so we'll see

wwildcats04

today I had to switch out the mag 12 and go with a 7 because the 12 was keeping my water way to hot for comfort... hopefully the downgrade will do the trick alone

sea man dan

I think you couldve keept the 12 , but the only change would've been just move the pump external , instead of inside... would've saved money and lowered temp

Just my 2 cents

wwildcats04

that requires draining my whole tank and sump to be able to get the sump out and buy a new bulkhead because I drilled another hole and besides, I didnt pay for any of my pumps and I still have another mag 12 so it all works out well. :-)

wwildcats04

yes, it sure is a chevron tang in a 40... a fish that grows extremely slow and is only about two inches. also I feel that a 40 breeder is much better for the fish than what a regular 40 is because of the dimensions it has a lot of room to roam around because of the huge foot print. call the tang police lol.

Archived