Pod Your Reef

my 10g aga

shivametimbas

shivametimbas

just sold my nanocube and the rock that was in my 10g. so here it is after the switch.

the pics are from a weird angle because i set the camera on a dresser to get still pics.

before sand w/flash:

beforeblackflash.jpg

after sand:

black1.jpg

black2.jpg

one other decent photo i got:

anem5-9-061.jpg

i'll be getting somemore shot today hopefully.

thanks for lookin

tk

shivametimbas

its Sargassum . its growth is decent. i havnt gotten a cutting to root yet though. doesnt seem to be very invasive.

ZaderMatermorts
i havnt gotten a cutting to root yet though.

Bummer, do the unrooted cuttings die, or will they live floating?

shivametimbas

they are living. i have pinned some between the back glass and a rock to see if it will root.

... let me know if you'd sell me some, I would like some.

Me too.

I've been looking around for it, but no one near me has any.

Hey looks very nice, exactly what I’m looking for actually.

You mentioned that you sold your nano cube. Of course you are referring to the JBJ NC right? The reason I’m asking is, I’m contemplating selling my 6g NC and going to the 10g AGA route. If you don’t mind me asking, how was the process of transferring any livestock over to the new tank?

Thanks

Fishfreak218

your 10g. is REALLY NICE! loving the anemone and the brain coral.. and its so clean.. also loving the sargassum.. very nice..

also the Pico looks really good too (if thats a pico to the Left of the 10g)

you convinced me to go with black sand.. for a tank. IDK which yet.. but i think ill have to set one up :)

shivametimbas
Hey looks very nice, exactly what I’m looking for actually.

You mentioned that you sold your nano cube. Of course you are referring to the JBJ NC right? The reason I’m asking is, I’m contemplating selling my 6g NC and going to the 10g AGA route. If you don’t mind me asking, how was the process of transferring any livestock over to the new tank?

Thanks

after i sold the rock that was in the 10g, i put all of the corals into the 6.6g tank that i had. they spent a few days there. meanwhile i wanted to clean the tank. i drained the water into gas cans and saved it. removed the livesand, and cleaned the tank. set it back up, poured some of the orig. water in it and some in a big bowl. took the corals out of the 6.6 and put em in the bowl. shook the LR (from the 6.6g)like crazy in a bucket w/saltwater. to clean it a bit. then set up my rock. then placed the coral. not too much of a pain.

i soaked the black sand for a few days. its very fine. then once again i took the corals out and put em in a bowl. put in the sand.blew it all off of the rock, and put the corals back. all of them are doing great as usual.

everyone else, thanks alot for the comments.

• 5 weeks later...
shivametimbas

i cut my sargassum way back for some people here on the forum. i have added some stuff as you can tell. this tank is full, time for it to grow out. i need a 20Long next.

here's some pics from today.

100_1078.jpg

100_1075.jpg

100_1073.jpg

100_1070.jpg

100_1067.jpg

100_1066.jpg

100_1064.jpg

100_1058.jpg

100_1056.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived