inTank Media Baskets

20xh done!!

nanoman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent..........the 20XH is a really impressive looking "SHOW" tank - It has a great viewing area/window.........too bad you can't keep any more fish in it than in a standard 10 gallon.....but for having the same footprint as the forementioned 10 gal....you do get that BIG tank look and feel!!..........GOOD LUCK WITH IT!

Looks awesome! Yeah, the 20X is my favorite tank on the planet. It's just a really cool shape. I just got one a few weeks ago after gawking forever over one used as a refugium in a lfs. How much did yours cost? I had two 1" holes put in the back of mine, and with drilling it was like $85. Not too bad, I think... I'm interested to see how your tank turns out in a year or so. I'm using my 20X for my seahorses. They are really going to appreciate the extra height since they've been in a standard 20 for so long now...

-Will

Nanoman, is your sump, a sump or fuge? I cant tell if you have any sand or lr in your sump. I currently run a fuge but I have a protein skimmer that I ran on my 65 that I would like to use on my 20H. So I was planning on removing the sand and lr and redoing my sump to accompany my in-sump skimmer. What is your opion on skimmers vs fuges?

Thanx

MacnReef

I wanted to keep my design simple but effective. I wanted to avoid having to maintain two tanks (fuge and main tank). I put a DSB and enough rock in my main to handle the bio load and don't keep inverts or fish that depend on allot of critters from a fuge. The sump is basically maintanance free exept to empty the skimmer box and changing the carbon and sponge. I fully support skimmers, they pull allot of junk (even my Prizm pulls stuff).

Hey, can you give me a drawing of how you designed your sump? I cant tell by the pic, how many baffles you have or how you put in a carbon and filter chamber!

Thanx

The first 2 baffles are about 9". The one that holds the pump is about 6".

For the egg crate I cut 2 thin strips of acrylic and glued them to the baffles so the egg crate sits on them.

• 4 weeks later...

I woke up one morning with a puddle on the floor. My sump sprung a leak in the bottom. I didn't have very good support so I made a new sump with better support. I rearanged my plumbing a little.

Archived